Indiana State Fair/Sugarland stage collapse

Just Jack

Remember seeing the Stones at Rich Stadium in 1981...they had an elaborate stage set up...it got really rainy and wet, at one point during the day, you could see the stage rocking...they were on it right away, and just tore most of it down...pretty scary stuff.

Remember seeing the Stones at Rich Stadium in 1981...they had an elaborate stage set up...it got really rainy and wet, at one point during the day, you could see the stage rocking...they were on it right away, and just tore most of it down...pretty scary stuff.

I don't remember that part. I remember it pouring and then George "rocked the rain away."......Then, Journey became the only band in hundreds of concerts that I've seen get booed off the stage......Then, the Stones were great (unlike the first time I saw them in '78)

Remember that like it was yesterday. I worked that crew and we scurried up the scaffolding in record time and started slicing the scrim as fast as possible.

A day before when we were erecting the thing it started getting real windy and that thing was rocking us pretty badly. We tried telling the set designer that if it gets any windier that the scaffolding would buckle. But some British puke didn't want to hear it. Just kept saying how awesome the thing was in NY. Live and learn.

Remember that like it was yesterday. I worked that crew and we scurried up the scaffolding in record time and started slicing the scrim as fast as possible.

A day before when we were erecting the thing it started getting real windy and that thing was rocking us pretty badly. We tried telling the set designer that if it gets any windier that the scaffolding would buckle. But some British puke didn't want to hear it. Just kept saying how awesome the thing was in NY. Live and learn.

In NY? My memory was that we were the 2nd stop on that tour and the first one was Philly and that's why Jagger wore that Eagles jersey for every show (or at least most of them) after that.

In NY? My memory was that we were the 2nd stop on that tour and the first one was Philly and that's why Jagger wore that Eagles jersey for every show (or at least most of them) after that.

You are absolutely right. I may be confusing my British pukes. Half the stage crew was still striking the stage in Philly when we were putting up the scrim at Rich. I remember they were worried about getting that thing from Philly to Denver or something. We really tore up the one we put up at Rich though.

Great memories. Fuzzy. But great.

You are absolutely right. I may be confusing my British pukes. Half the stage crew was still striking the stage in Philly when we were putting up the scrim at Rich. I remember they were worried about getting that thing from Philly to Denver or something. We really tore up the one we put up at Rich though.

Indeed!..........The only reason I remember that is that he wore the Eagles jersey in Philly. So, I was hoping/expecting that he'd be wearing a Bills jersey here on the 2nd stop.........But, no - he came out in the friggin Eagles jersey again! And again and again!

• 6 months later...

They are Sugarland fans, you already know they are of lower mental capacity...so how can they be at fault?

(BTW...I am of course joking)

Performing Artists: It's the fans' fault for being there in the first place:

http://news.yahoo.com/sugarland-attorneys-injured-ind-fans-share-blame-004603155.html

Does this help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWnciBy49Is

Indeed!..........The only reason I remember that is that he wore the Eagles jersey in Philly. So, I was hoping/expecting that he'd be wearing a Bills jersey here on the 2nd stop.........But, no - he came out in the friggin Eagles jersey again! And again and again!

Funny, the things we remember, and why we remember them. I remember going to see the Grateful Dead (who I was not really a fan of) the night before, at the Aud, with my best friend, who was a huge Dead fan. They were pretty good, but I was so amped to go see the Stones the next morning...we went straight from the Aud, out to Rich, and camped out overnight...we were amongst the first 50 or so let into the Stones show. I will never forget, being really bummed about having to miss the Bills game that day, they were on the road, in Cincinnati. I had my sister recording the game for me, on the new VCR. At that time, setting the timer was just too damn hard to figure out.

The Bills were like 3-1 then, coming off a great season (best in my life-time to that point)with high expectations. While the Stones were my first musical love, missing the Bills was tough...

Then, (a theme that would be repeated over and over in my life-time), Mick "frickin'"Jagger, the limey who you wouldn't think would give a ****, said something about the Bills losing to the Bengals, in between songs... so much for avoiding the score, and watching it when I got home! Anyone else remember that?

It was the first time I was ever attempting to record a Bills game to watch later..and Jagger kicked the legs right out from under me! Anyways, still a great show...damn Bills!

Edited by Buftex