Sit Willis next week

duey

Does everyone think we can afford the luxury of sitting Willis next week, to make sure his knee is OK? SF really sucks, but can we still beat them without Willis? I think so, and I think if he really did tweak the knee, he should sit so that he's healthy for the Steeler game.

Does everyone think we can afford the luxury of sitting Willis next week, to make sure his knee is OK?  SF really sucks, but can we still beat them without Willis?  I think so, and I think if he really did tweak the knee, he should sit so that he's healthy for the Steeler game.

167814[/snapback]

yep

start shaud

um NO,

I don't care if San Fran is the worst team in the league you cannot play down to their level or you will lose. Sitting Willis is playing down to them. We are still in the playoff hunt. A starter isn't going to sit out a game to save himself. Any starter that does shouldn't be a starter at all.

um NO,

I don't care if San Fran is the worst team in the league you cannot play down to their level or you will lose.  Sitting Willis is playing down to them.  We are still in the playoff hunt.  A starter isn't going to sit out a game to save himself.  Any starter that does shouldn't be a starter at all.

167833[/snapback]

Dude...if he's not 100%, sit 'em. Let's not mortgage the future for some carries against the lowly niners.

Does everyone think we can afford the luxury of sitting Willis next week, to make sure his knee is OK?  SF really sucks, but can we still beat them without Willis?  I think so, and I think if he really did tweak the knee, he should sit so that he's healthy for the Steeler game.

167814[/snapback]

I betch ya if the Bills make the playoffs, you'll see Travis Henry get healthy real quick.

And risk injurying further your star RB - im glad your not the coach.

167857[/snapback]

Injuries are part of the game. They are gonna happen. You do not rest key players just because it looks good on paper that you should win easily. The 49ers can show up any given week. This is not the little boys school yard team. If Willis is healthy, then he needs to get his ass on the field and earn his paycheck.

On the radio Murph was saying Travis may be activated next week. He is healing faster than anticipated.

So it's possible that Travis starts next weekend.

Personally, I say dress Willis and give him the rock, but once the game gets out of hand, yank him quick.

On the radio Murph was saying Travis may be activated next week. He is healing faster than anticipated.

So it's possible that Travis starts next weekend.

Personally, I say dress Willis and give him the rock, but once the game gets out of hand, yank him quick.

Or dress him but don't play him unless you need him. Same goes for Travis if he's not 100%,

You treat this like a playoff game. If Willis can at all play, he plays. If Travis is available at all, he is activated and plays. Luckily, the injury to Willis is the right knee and not the left bad one. I think he plays, although obviously we won't know until the docs look at it and he waits a week.

dress him of course, but if he's not 100%, I wouldnt start him.

I watch the 9ers a couple times (against miami and yesterday), and they reall, really are THAT bad... they arnt a team that is "catching bad breaks", they have the worst Oline i have EVER seen, and they just all around suck balls.

And risk injurying further your star RB - im glad your not the coach.

167857[/snapback]

I should say the same. You don't play to lose. IF Willis is good to go he plays.

Do you really think Willis is the type of player to sit it out if he can play? I don't think so.

You treat this like a playoff game. If Willis can at all play, he plays. If Travis is available at all, he is activated and plays. Luckily, the injury to Willis is the right knee and not the left bad one. I think he plays, although obviously we won't know until the docs look at it and he waits a week.

167912[/snapback]

Um it was his right knee that he blew out and it was the same Knee he hurt today.

Next time you morons start the trade Travis crap, keep all this useless chatter in mind. A team committed to the run needs two quality running backs to get through a long season.