PGA Championship

erynthered

tiger = david duval redux? i think we still may see some good showings but the days of everyone fearing tiger are likely done.

There's no good comparison out there. Duval peaked for such a short time in his 20s and only won 13 tournaments his entire career. The only comparison for Tiger will always be Jack. And let's not forget that Nicklaus hit a bit of a lull right around this same age. If Tiger can bounce back, the similarities between the two will continue to grow.

Right, but what I'm asking is, is there any solid evidence that he was taking drugs in the first place?

No. The only evidence available is his (limited) interaction with that Canadian doctor, I think.

I just thought you were looking for a reason why PEDs might be a partial explanation for his sudden downward spiral.

No. The only evidence available is his (limited) interaction with that Canadian doctor, I think.

I just thought you were looking for a reason why PEDs might be a partial explanation for his sudden downward spiral.

I don't PEDs have anything to do with the long term damage he caused to his knees with his style of golf swing. IMO, he's struggling now because he's had to modify his swing to take the pressure off his shot knees.

Right, but what I'm asking is, is there any solid evidence that he was taking drugs in the first place? I realize Tiger has entered the "Tyson Zone" where you'd believe anything and everything about him, but how can we be sure he was on PEDs? Has there been a precipitous drop in his distance that can't be explained by the reduction in torque from his ACL injury?

Yesterday, during one of his worst career rounds in a major, he had 106 yards in on a 468 yard par 4. That's a 362 yard drive. He hasn't lost distance.

It appears as if we're headed for 14 straight majors with 14 different winners. The sport certainly needs its next big thing to come soon.

Wow - that is ridiculous. How can anybody generate excitement with that going on? Golf is the only sport where everybody roots for the favorite.......I think Rory is going to be big, but he still has to win again at this point.

recovery...they did a sports science piece on tv and the force that tiger produced and subsequently punishing his body in the process was pretty incredible...that much strain and stress would wear a person out in no time....that's where i think tiger was using enhancements...

My thoughts on PEDs and golf...aside from adding 15-20 yards of driving distance, how exactly would steroids or human growth hormone help a golfer become a champion? As a golfer myself, there aren't too many occasions during a round where raw strength is your greatest advantage.

and it aint over yet...

Well deserved win for Bradley. For a tour rookie to make that many spectacular shots after triple-bogeying the 15th like that...brass balls. He's not so highly touted as McIlroy or Ishikawa, but I guarantee he's not a one-and-done.

As for Dufner, it's got to sting. It wasn't such a monumental choke, because 15-18 were eating pretty much everybody alive. But there are certainly some shots that he'll replay in his nightmares.

Well deserved win for Bradley. For a tour rookie to make that many spectacular shots after triple-bogeying the 15th like that...brass balls. He's not so highly touted as McIlroy or Ishikawa, but I guarantee he's not a one-and-done.

As for Dufner, it's got to sting. It wasn't such a monumental choke, because 15-18 were eating pretty much everybody alive. But there are certainly some shots that he'll replay in his nightmares.

His putter killed him on 17 both in the final round and the playoff. You gotta feel bad for a guy that played so well and appeared to be comfortably ahead late in the day. He seems like a nice guy, and I love his hacker swing. How can you not root for a guy named 'Dufner'!

I hope he gets another crack at a major down the road.

His putter killed him on 17 both in the final round and the playoff. You gotta feel bad for a guy that played so well and appeared to be comfortably ahead late in the day. He seems like a nice guy, and I love his hacker swing. How can you not root for a guy named 'Dufner'!

I hope he gets another crack at a major down the road.

Dufner clearly got the exact same incorrect read on the 17th hole both times, and a little extra adrenaline was probably what made the playoff version even worse. As a student of putting, I know that you have to trust your reads...but you also have to adapt, and Dufner failed to adapt. It ended up costing him the match, given that he was as clutch as possible both times on the 18th.

I second that hope that he finds himself in a position to win again.