Soccer - USMNT

Cugalabanza

Tonight's friendly... USA 1 - Mexico 1

Looked sloppy at first, but USA improved as it went on. They looked dominant for the last 30 minutes, generating lots of chances. Could have (should have) pulled out the win.

Really exciting to see the energy created by Klinsmann's influence. And his comments after the game were very encouraging. I really think we will see a great leap forward for team USA over the next couple years.

Thanks again to ajzepp for pulling the strings with the U.S. Soccer Federation to make this coaching change. :thumbsup:

Looked sloppy at first, but USA improved as it went on. They looked dominant for the last 30 minutes, generating lots of chances. Could have (should have) pulled out the win.

Really exciting to see the energy created by Klinsmann's influence. And his comments after the game were very encouraging. I really think we will see a great leap forward for team USA over the next couple years.

Thanks again to ajzepp for pulling the strings with the U.S. Soccer Federation to make this coaching change. :thumbsup:

It was encouraging that a lot of the 2nd half improvement came from young guys. Shea was terrific and Aguedelo had a good game as well. Rogers also made a nice impact in his short time on. The three of them collectively with Torres did some nice possession work with good first touches which was an absolute breath of fresh air. I also thought it was interesting in who didnt do much. These games are about playing people off as well as playing them in. Buddle was invisible, ricardo Clark was bad as per usual, jermaine jones was bad. The transformation is in progress. I think it'll be fun.

:lol:

Dang, I completely forgot about this...thanks for the report...I'm glad to know that we're already seeing some impact from the change :) I've never been more excited about US Mens soccer than I am right this minute...this is really a dream come true for me...having a German coach for the American team, and one that I've been a fan of for quite some time. This will be a very good relationship!

The minute Klinsmann signed on the dotted line, the US team became credible as a world power, IMO. High fives to Bob Bradley and Bruce ARena for taking things this far, but now we're ready to make a play for prime time :thumbsup:

PS. If anyone is up for a good futbal flick, check out "The Damned United". I just finished watching it the other day and I really enjoyed it.

Edited by ajzepp

The first half was dreadful for the US squad.

Klinsman must have made some good changes for the

second half.(Which I missed)

It is still discouraging to see a US men's national match

with a crowd that is > 50% for the visiting team. I saw a LOT

of green shirts in the stands last night supporting Mexico.

It was encouraging that a lot of the 2nd half improvement came from young guys. Shea was terrific and Aguedelo had a good game as well. Rogers also made a nice impact in his short time on. The three of them collectively with Torres did some nice possession work with good first touches which was an absolute breath of fresh air. I also thought it was interesting in who didnt do much. These games are about playing people off as well as playing them in. Buddle was invisible, ricardo Clark was bad as per usual, jermaine jones was bad. The transformation is in progress. I think it'll be fun.

I agree with all this. I think it’s time to move on from Ricardo Clark and Jermaine Jones. We’ve seen enough of their bumbling. Brek Shea was a nice surprise..great positive energy. Aguedelo looked great, better than he has in a long time. As the commentator said, Aguedelo is a guy who can really benefit from Klinsmann being there. Our strikers have looked very “MLS” for a long time. I think we’ve had some good talent at striker, but it’s been squandered by the team playing very tentative and without attacking confidence.

Klinsmann talked about letting Donovan move more freely to be a playmaker. I think we saw the benefits of that in the second half last night. Throw Dempsey in the mix...and Holden and Altidore and Feilhaber... this is a really exciting time for team USA.

It was great to hear Klinsmann’s interview after the game and to see him interact with the players. He’s really having fun and I think the players sense that, after a long period of stagnation, they will be taking a big step forward.