Bills Game Day Rituals/Traditions

Normally we start off the tailgate with our game day tradition of bobbing-for-Sahlens, which is just like bobbing for apples but with a big tub of hot dogs floating in their natural factory sealed in juices. Not only is this delicious and healthy but it provides great sustenance for a long day. The winner is declared Sausage King, and gets to wear the coveted meat helmet for the day.

The Sausage King then performs the keg ceremony and the drinking period commences. Games also begin, like battery tag (whoever gets hit is IT), cabbage fights, and grab ass. At the two hour warning before kickoff, everyone switches clothes with the person next to them. One hour before kickoff the opposing teams mascot is burned in effigy and a sacrifice, usually porcupine, is made to whatever higher power may be interested. 30 minutes before kickoff we surround a portable toilet and sing show tunes before pushing it over. Next is potato sack race to the front gate. Not the empty sacks like dumb kids play, but full potato sacks. The loser runs the gauntlet and is pelted with potatoes. Then we enjoy the game!

You mean… you know people as strange as yourself?

Being in Cali, my wife and I get up early enough to make a good breakfast for ourselves before kickoff. Of course during this time I'm also tweaking my fantasy football lineups… which I set the night before.

We both drink our coffee out of Buffalo Bills mugs (different styles) and then we dress in our Bills jerseys that sonny boy got us… Lee Evans away and Jim Kelly (era) home jerseys.

I don my standing Buffalo old school baseball cap (red Buffalo on blue cap) and dial in the Bills game on DirecTV and NFL Red Zone on the other channel and we're ready to go.

Nothing extravagant but Bills games are still and will always be among the biggest days of the year, every year.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Just the basics...

FF lineup____________________________check

TV room clean and cozy_______________check

Plushies to throw at TV______________check (kidding)

Cooler/fridge full o refreshment_____check

Munchies_____________________________check

Kids & girlfriend attended to________check

FF lineup____________________________double check

Stadium Wall_________________________ ;)

Cerveza numero uno___________________ :beer:

Kickoff!!!!!!!!______________________ :worthy:

Life is good

I live in Alaska, so the game starts here at 9 in the AM. I wake my son up at about 7:30 and make him the breakfast of his choice (mom's still sleeping). I pour myself a cup of coffee with Baileys and then watch cartoons with my boy while he eats his breakfast (this keeps me calm until game time). After my wife wakes up, it's off to the garage for a few bong hits of the Matanuska Thunderf**k. The family then suits up in Bills gear, and we retire to the couch for the game.

My wife and I always drink Labatt's Blue and Grand Marnier during the game.

Very nice ritual. I've been on the West coast for only one game before and that was kinda weird. I think games at 9 would be even weirder/cooler. Props to the Matanuska, if I remember correctly that was in the news a while back concerning Palin's daughter's boyfriend.

Edited by stony