A VERY fair preseason preview...

eball

Demetrius Bell is inconsistent at best. I dont see what you guys see in him.

"Left tackle Demetrius Bell is responsible for protecting Fitzpatrick's blind side; Bell played in all 16 games in 2010 after undergoing offseason knee surgery but was inconsistent at best."

Read much?

Bills Preview

I think this is a very fair assessment of the Bills' potential strengths and weaknesses heading into preseason. It's a shame we don't see more of this.

By Mark Ludwiczak

He's been tweeting what's going on at training camp. Seeing the team in person and actually, you know, reporting. That is miles ahead of the regurgitated ESPN crap we usually get.

Bills Preview

I think this is a very fair assessment of the Bills' potential strengths and weaknesses heading into preseason. It's a shame we don't see more of this.

eball, I'd expect Mark Ludwiczak's assessment to be fair. He's the Associate Editor of 'Bills Digest' and the main contributing writer along with Chris Brown. That said, I agree that it would be refreshing to see more even-handed breakdowns of the Bills. I don't expect (nor do I want) Pollyanna pieces but I also don't want the completely negative, lazy garbage spewed by much of the national media and a large segment of negative Nellies on this board. No team is completely great nor is it completely awful. Too many try to paint a black & white absolute when there are so many variables that have yet to come into play and should lead to a shade of gray. That's what Ludwiczak's done in his piece.

"Left tackle Demetrius Bell is responsible for protecting Fitzpatrick's blind side; Bell played in all 16 games in 2010 after undergoing offseason knee surgery but was inconsistent at best."

Read much?

He says LT Bell is responsible for protecting Fitz's blind side. He never said he was good at it. What he does say is that Bell is INCONSISTENT. AT BEST.

Read much?

Edited by DreReed83

That was a very fair analysis of the Bills.

One thing though. Why no mention of Kyle Williams?

Yes Dareus is the player we will all be watching and he is a key component to the D-Line, but let's remember that KW was our best defensive player last year and Dareus' presence should only make him better.

Read much?

This is a position I am really concerned about. Fritz needs a good left tackle to protect his blind side. I am hoping the powers that be have something up their sleeve. :doh:

That was a very fair analysis of the Bills.

One thing though. Why no mention of Kyle Williams?

Yes Dareus is the player we will all be watching and he is a key component to the D-Line, but let's remember that KW was our best defensive player last year and Dareus' presence should only make him better.

I'm already predicting a breakout year for the duo and I propose we call them the "Lethal Weapons" as KW is shorter and Dareus is taller and is only 10 years away from retirement