Which generation volunteers the most?

Peace

Slacker Baby Boomers remain all consumed with stroking themselves off but it's Gen-X that leads the pack on volunteering.

http://philanthropy.com/article/Volunteerism-Holds-Steady-in/128565/

This surprise goes hand in hand with the oft-cited-on-PPP (by Magox) study showing liberals volunteer less, donate less blood, and give less money than Conservatives.

Slacker Baby boomers? You're a moran.tm

<LI>People in their 30s and early to mid-40s, often called Generation X, had the highest volunteer rate at 29 percent. Just under 29 percent of baby boomers, people in their late 40s and older, volunteered in 2010, while 21 percent of people in their 20s volunteered.

29% to just under 29%. Yup slackers alright. :rolleyes:

Slacker Baby boomers? You're a moran.tm

<LI>People in their 30s and early to mid-40s, often called Generation X, had the highest volunteer rate at 29 percent. Just under 29 percent of baby boomers, people in their late 40s and older, volunteered in 2010, while 21 percent of people in their 20s volunteered.

29% to just under 29%. Yup slackers alright. :rolleyes:

Baby boomers=hippies=unmotivated pot heads=slackers=taught their kids to be slackers. 29% is good? Are you kidding me. That means 79% are selfish pricks.

I love to end inter-generational arguments with this, and a bevy of other stats, that prove beyond all doubt that Gen-X out-performs Baby Boomers in the most important things. They are usually shocked by the cold hard numbers. And why wouldn't they be? They are the "me" generation, why wouldn't they have a higher-than-accurate opinion of themselves?

Divorce rate - no contest

Paying Child support - no contest

DWI - no contest

Charitable giving as a % of income - no contest

Spending time with kids - no contest

In most ways you can measure, we behave better than our parents. I have a theory as to why: we all grew up with either a train wreck for a family or with friends who had train wrecks. You see enough bad behavior, and you make a deal with yourself that you aren't going to be the same. Most of my friend's parents are divorced. None of my friends are divorced. Coincidence? Doubtful.

Well whatever, nevermind

Are you kidding? They will never get this. Cool reference tho....

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Are you kidding? They will never get this. Cool reference tho....

I could've sworn it was a Nirvana reference :unsure: in which case everyone would get it, because all anybody in Gen X did in the early 90's was kiss Cobain's ass (at least until In Utero came out).

I love to end inter-generational arguments with this, and a bevy of other stats, that prove beyond all doubt that Gen-X out-performs Baby Boomers in the most important things. They are usually shocked by the cold hard numbers. And why wouldn't they be? They are the "me" generation, why wouldn't they have a higher-than-accurate opinion of themselves?

Divorce rate - no contest

Paying Child support - no contest

DWI - no contest

Charitable giving as a % of income - no contest

Spending time with kids - no contest

In most ways you can measure, we behave better than our parents. I have a theory as to why: we all grew up with either a train wreck for a family or with friends who had train wrecks. You see enough bad behavior, and you make a deal with yourself that you aren't going to be the same. Most of my friend's parents are divorced. None of my friends are divorced. Coincidence? Doubtful.

You found your nut!

You found your nut!

Sooner, or most likely later, you will come to realize that I pretty much find them every day, all the time. :D Much depends on you. I will be here, consistently being right, waiting for when that realization occurs.

I could've sworn it was a Nirvana reference :unsure: in which case everyone would get it, because all anybody in Gen X did in the early 90's was kiss Cobain's ass (at least until In Utero came out).

The one cool Baby Boomer bails his buddies out. :D

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Some tid-bits about those hard working X'ers.

Depression and anxiety are issues for many of this generation due to the many stressors related to upbringing and social expectations. Divorce rates, which climbed quickly during their developmental years and on into young adulthood, have contributed to the incidence of depression among this group. Yet, delayed treatment for depression is not uncommon because divorce often is viewed as normal and there is fear of being viewed as weak and less competitive in the marketplace. Confusion and anxiety related to developing meaningful intimacy also are issues for this generation.

Eating disorders also affect this generation. Extreme thinness—now associated with success, achievement and class—is considered a plus.

Some tid-bits about those hard working X'ers.

Depression and anxiety are issues for many of this generation due to the many stressors related to upbringing and social expectations. Divorce rates, which climbed quickly during their developmental years and on into young adulthood, have contributed to the incidence of depression among this group. Yet, delayed treatment for depression is not uncommon because divorce often is viewed as normal and there is fear of being viewed as weak and less competitive in the marketplace. Confusion and anxiety related to developing meaningful intimacy also are issues for this generation.

Eating disorders also affect this generation. Extreme thinness—now associated with success, achievement and class—is considered a plus.

Add that to the list of curses your generation has bestowed upon us.

You're welcome. :lol:

:P:beer:

Don't sweat it. We are far past used to it. :D

Here's one thing you can do: can you please get all the damn ex-hippies to die or remove themselves from public life? We need them to stop screwing up our future. We haven't asked you for much, so, can you try and get this one thing done right? :D You think I am kidding? About 5 years ago, I heard a guy who's in charge of an Empire Zone literally say "we had a good year last year, the 5 board members who were the biggest believers in the pipe dream that manufacturing will return to NY, without any changes to NY policies or tax codes, all died".

It has come to this: we literally need these people to die off, because while they are alive, they will do everything in their power to prove that their 1968 horsecrap isn't wrong, including destroying the country.