New angle for FAs or an anomoly?

Beerball

I find it curious/dubious that his asking price would be the same for all teams.

I would think that particularly w/ a "flat pricing" model the price should vary depending on the desirability of the team he's going to (ie winner vs loser, style to fit him, better city, etc).

I could see how it's perhaps a starting price for negotiations where what he really wants is a multi-year deal. There's nothing to say that he actually has to accept the offer if it's presented is there?

I find it curious/dubious that his asking price would be the same for all teams.

I would think that particularly w/ a "flat pricing" model the price should vary depending on the desirability of the team he's going to (ie winner vs loser, style to fit him, better city, etc).

I could see how it's perhaps a starting price for negotiations where what he really wants is a multi-year deal. There's nothing to say that he actually has to accept the offer if it's presented is there?

Interesting that you mention all this.

There's a report that Roth's visit with the Patsies* turned toxic when he (or his agent) increased their asking price while at the facility.

Reportedly this angered Belichick and the deal was killed.

He was so angry that they signed Shaun Ellis AND Andre Carter.

Both are known to have attitude problems. Even a fat Mckinnie is better than what we have at tackle right now.

I say pass on McKinnie. Beyond being out of shape and maybe washed up, he's got a terrible attitude. I'd rather roll the dice with our atrocious unproven high-character guys than intentionally swallow a poison pill. I'd be singing a different tune if McKinnie was in shape and still displaying Pro Bowl form, but he ain't.

Roth would be a very nice signing, but it'll never happen. Well, maybe if Merriman went on IR in training camp. Even then I think they'd just move Moats back to OLB and call it a day.