Darius should be suspended

AJ1

darius should also be forced to line up as a QB and take a direct shot from jevon kearse and see how he likes it

167624[/snapback]

I can't believe people see that as a cheap shot. I watched it at full speed and there's no way he could've known the arm would catch the player around the neck.

If he's guilty of one thing, it's over-running the play and taking a horrible angle.

Darius has been a clean player and one of the most respected vets in the NFL.

If you look at the replay again, his eyes are not even looking towards the receiver.

He swings his arm in an attempt to swat the ball out. It's just more dramatic to say "wow, what a cheap shot"

You want to see a cheap shot, how about the one Parry of Philly put on Springs last week. He lined him up for about 5 yards, knew the guy wasn't looking, and he just hit him full force with very bad intentions. did he get penalized, fined, or ejected? No.

I do agree DD should have been ejected, more so for his own safety. I also agree that he should be fined, only because of the result. and the fact that it's hard to prove he didn't mean it. But I feel honestly, that he did not intend it.

darius should also be forced to line up as a QB and take a direct shot from jevon kearse and see how he likes it

167624[/snapback]

Why? So Kearse can run 5 yards behind him, pull a muscle and be out 3 weeks?

(Also known as "pulling a Chris Slade".)

I can't believe people see that as a cheap shot. I watched it at full speed and there's no way he could've known the arm would catch the player around the neck.

If he's guilty of one thing, it's over-running the play and taking a horrible angle.

If you look at the replay again, his eyes are not even looking towards the receiver.

He swings his arm in an attempt to swat the ball out. It's just more dramatic to say "wow, what a cheap shot"

You want to see a cheap shot, how about the one Parry of Philly put on Springs last week. He lined him up for about 5 yards, knew the guy wasn't looking, and he just hit him full force with very bad intentions. did he get penalized, fined, or ejected? No.

I do agree DD should have been ejected, more so for his own safety. I also agree that he should be fined, only because of the result. and the fact that it's hard to prove he didn't mean it. But I feel honestly, that he did not intend it.

169090[/snapback]

I concur. It's football and it's played at full speed.

169090[/snapback]

You're joking, right?? He had all day to make a clean tackle and he came in high, at full speed, with a fully extended arm at Ferguson's head. The ball was nowhere near Darius' arm and he made no attempt to make a strip. It was headhunting, plain and simple and he should be suspended, his past notwithstanding.

That wasn't a "cheap shot"

And the biggest joke of all of it is had that SAME EXACT hit got him 1cm higher or lower, and he bounces right back up, the defender is NOT ejected.

The ejection came out of emotion to the situation, and not due to what actually happened.

What, you are no longer allowed to use your ARMS to tackle? He didn't swing at him. Clothesline? Yes. But that's part of getting tackled.

It was scary to watch, but that did NOT require an ejection. Hopefully they did it to protect him from a fight.

You're joking, right?? He had all day to make a clean tackle and he came in high, at full speed, with a fully extended arm at Ferguson's head. The ball was nowhere near Darius' arm and he made no attempt to make a strip. It was headhunting, plain and simple and he should be suspended, his past notwithstanding.

169117[/snapback]

no. maybe you are joking. the receiver was COMING DOWN from leaping up. "all day"?????? try watching it at full speed. I TiVo'd it and watched it multiple times.

Everyone that watched it with me had the same opinion. I have no reason to defend him. I was hoping GB would win, for the Bills' sake.

BTW, i said he should have been fined and ejected. but I hope they don't suspend the guy.

no. maybe you are joking. the receiver was COMING DOWN from leaping up. "all day"?????? try watching it at full speed. I TiVo'd it and watched it multiple times.

Everyone that watched it with me had the same opinion. I have no reason to defend him. I was hoping GB would win, for the Bills' sake.

BTW, i said he should have been fined and ejected. but I hope they don't suspend the guy.

169139[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. I think the refs did the right thing by ejecting him. Saves the Packers from seeking retribution...

He swings his arm in an attempt to swat the ball out.

DD should have been ejected.....for his own safety..... he did not intend it.

That sums exactly what I think of the incident.

Darius overran the play and then threw an arm out hoping to dislodge the ball.

He's a class guy who found himself in a difficult situation.

Nothing more.

Good post By-Tor.

Cya

just watched it on tivo about 6 times and agree (but didn't until I saw it just now).

He was throwing his arm up to hit the ball, and it wasn't that far off. 1/4 second earlier and he would have knocked the ball out.

he's guilty of a bad angle and bad timing.

The only guy who should be forced to take a cheap shot to the head is Del Rio for chuckling it up on the sidelines afterward.

169173[/snapback]

Can't stand Del Rio. Just as much as I can't stand that team right now. All stems from that BS in the 4th quarter in week 1.

I think that Jack Del Rio has to be one of the biggest whiny bitches as a coach in the NFL.....

I mean....did you see him in our game....CRYING to the offical after every call.....

He calls it sticking up for his players....but I think karma is going to come and bite him in the butt

169300[/snapback]

I personally liked him throwing the red flag yesterday AS FAR AS HE COULD like it was somehow "more" of a challenge if you emphatically throw the flag. Too bad he was too dumb to realize that it was obviously a fumble by f'in Leftwich and then a bonehead play by about 18 guys on the field, execpt for Sharper. What a loser JDR. Keep crying.

You allow one to do that and ALL the safeties will be doing it......

169230[/snapback]

That's why I have a hard time criticising the flag, ejection, and fine. Just as it was difficult to determine on the field if it was a dirty hit or not (without normal speed and slo mo replays) it is hard for an official to not throw the flag.

so with that, I can see why. If they determine DD didn't have malicious intent, that would only open the window for guys like Rodney Harrison to do it deliberately and then appeal. it's a bad situation.