At least we're not Bengals fans

How many games will the Bengals win this year?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Bengals win this year?

2. 2. Will the Bills win more games than the Bengals this year?

From http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?name=schefter_adam&id=6843541

Q: With so many teams in need for quarterbacks this year, why aren't we seeing anybody trying to entice Carson Palmer out of his retirement? At just 31, he could still be a major upgrade for any team in the need for a starter or even a mentor.

-- Hunter (Vt.)

A: Because they know how dug-in Bengals owner Mike Brown is, Hunter. He isn't going to trade Palmer. He has made it known, in no uncertain terms, that he will not make a deal. The Bengals have gotten multiple calls about Palmer's availability -- and they have told whoever is calling that they aren't dealing him. If the Bengals want to change their stance, teams would be interested. But for the time being, they're not budging. Keep in mind, a few years ago, the Bengals turned down two first-round picks for Ochocinco from the Washington Redskins. They waited, and now traded him to the Patriots for a fifth- and sixth-round pick.

Depth Chart:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals

How many games will they win this year?

Edited by Captain Caveman

I think the loss of Carson Palmer helps the Bengals. Both because he stinks and has a bad attitude, and because replacing him with a rookie should mean much more emphasis on the run game. Cincy's run game was actually pretty good last year, but they kept throwing the ball for some reason, and Palmer just killed them. I expect them to go more run-heavy this year with Dalton under center. Of course, if Dalton has a Jimmy Clausen-esque rookie year, they'll struggle to win 2 games. But if he can at least match Palmer's bad performance, a rookie AJ Green should be a mild upgrade over a washed-up Ochocinco, and their D could bounce back. I wouldn't be shocked if they were a little better than last year.

It's early, but I'd say it's a wash between us and the Bengals right now, considering that their schedule's a little easier than ours. I'd definitely rather be a Bills fan than Bungles fan, though, and there's no question about that. For all the knocks on Mr. Ralph, Mike Brown is clearly a much worse owner, and he's his own GM to boot.

I know the Bungles drafted Dalton this year but it really looks like they have set themselves up pretty good to be in the Luck lottery. Time will tell but it sure looks like they are heading there.