Wood comfortable at center

Beerball

i am glad too. but hangman is now ,well i suppose, hung out? Thats the dilemna. Unless this urbik fellow becomes real good.

Wood was a potential upgrade this year at rg and at center. Of course Wood will become better and better at his natural position now he is healthy and that is a Big plus to our front imho

i am glad too. but hangman is now ,well i suppose, hung out? Thats the dilemna. Unless this urbik fellow becomes real good.

Wood was a potential upgrade this year at rg and at center. Of course Wood will become better and better at his natural position now he is healthy and that is a Big plus to our front imho

If Urbik does't pan out, they just plug Hangman in at RG. It hurts depth since Urbik can't backup at center and probably LG like Hangman can, but it's not a killer.

Hang is a good back up and has played both positions, if Urbik doesn't pan out he can be back in there (at guard now?) I am much more concerned with our lack of a swing tackle (and hoping and praying Pears is a good fit for us). The back ups are one of my biggest concerns. Gotta hope we aren't stuck by injury like we have been in recent years. We need a big bunch of guys who gel, I think we are finally going down that road but the lingering questions are hard to take, no doubt. I think you have to give Buddy some credit if this line and TE work out, I liked last season we picked up guys with some potential off other teams practice squads and we picked up Chandler by being sneaky. I kind of think it is like getting free draft picks (Urbik was a 3rd rounder).

well that depth is kind of what i am getting at. Is Wood a better starting rg than Urbik? I know having Jeff H. as a backup center is a Very good thing for us, but can he really play 2nd guard much less 1st line?

i am concerned for the depth and breadth at T on either side. I know we have a fair bunch of guys trying to make 1st line rt so may have good depthbut who backs up at LT?

I do not want to take anything away from the OP. Go Eric!

If Urbik does't pan out, they just plug Hangman in at RG. It hurts depth since Urbik can't backup at center and probably LG like Hangman can, but it's not a killer.

Actually Urbik can backup center - that was how he was described as different from Rinehart, Wrotto, and Howard all who can play guard and RT- I'm not btw saying that they can play these backup positions at a good NFL level.

Urbik supposedly can play two positions too.

This offensive line may surprise us. They went hard after Clabo but aside from that, they seem to like what they have. There are a lot of young men showing potential. Maybe they step up and prove themselves worthy.

Edited by Rockinon

Good one on Hang Man. Not sure how I feel about someone feeling comfortable with another man's hands next to his angus.

All this changing positions that Jauron was doing killed this team.

Eric Wood played over 40 games as a college center. He started the last 3 games last year at center.

Worry not, Grasshopper.

well that depth is kind of what i am getting at. Is Wood a better starting rg than Urbik? I know having Jeff H. as a backup center is a Very good thing for us, but can he really play 2nd guard much less 1st line?

i am concerned for the depth and breadth at T on either side. I know we have a fair bunch of guys trying to make 1st line rt so may have good depthbut who backs up at LT?

I do not want to take anything away from the OP. Go Eric!

The interesting thing as NewEra touched on is that Gailey said that Rinehart will be challenging Urbik and that Hairston will be challenging Pears. In other words, the right side has not been determined yet and also, that Rinehart is 2nd string now, not Hangartner.

To 3rd and 12's concern, Hangartner can play all 3 interior positions. He played guard his last two seasons in Carolina after the Panthers got Ryan Kahlil.

alrright, that sounds more comforting. But i hope we do not go on as we did last year and (move) guys around so much and settle in to a 1st line. I was gonna say (rotate) players but that may have been misinterpreted!

Does any one know what the first line was Saturday? Bell Levitre Wood urbik pears?

alrright, that sounds more comforting. But i hope we do not go on as we did last year and (move) guys around so much and settle in to a 1st line. I was gonna say (rotate) players but that may have been misinterpreted!

Does any one know what the first line was Saturday? Bell Levitre Wood urbik pears?

Yes and the first three are set in stone although Bell dinged his shoulder and had to come out in yesterday's workout.

Gailey said this weekend that Rinehart (not Hangartner) will challenge Urbik for snaps and that Hairston will push Pears on the outside. Sounds like there are battles for starting spots on the right side.