Big Body WR

Frez

So who is going to be our big body WR that will go across on slant routes and be physical? I don't see one on this roster has of yet. Most of our healthy WR's are smallish. It would be nice to see Marcus Easley in action this preseason. We are going to need a WR of this size to make a serious run at the playoffs anytime soon.

hopefully D. Nelson is okay, I really like him, it is a bit unusual that a person get asthma (called adult onset asthma) as an adult but it does happen. Hope it is not pulmonary hypertension. In either case he is young and has that in his favor.

The TEs we have are large targets, if they use them and they can catch we are good to go.

Would like to see our WR corp get way more physical this year. I believe it's something we have lacked for a long time with the smallish WR's on this roster.

GO BILLS!

Edited by Frez

hopefully D. Nelson is okay, I really like him, it is a bit unusual that a person get asthma (called adult onset asthma) as an adult but it does happen. Hope it is not pulmonary hypertension. In either case he is young and has that in his favor.

The TEs we have are large targets, if they use them and they can catch we are good to go.

+1

We're a far cry bigger @ WR than anytime in recent years (w/ any/all assistance by TE'S).

+1

We're a far cry bigger @ WR than anytime in recent years (w/ any/all assistance by TE'S).

Is our TE's going to be "pass catchers" this year? That is the question my friend. If not, Roscoe and Lee Evans are not the over the middle type of WR's if you're asking me.

So who is going to be our big body WR that will go across on slant routes and be physical? I don't see one on this roster has of yet. Most of our healthy WR's are smallish. It would be nice to see Marcus Easley in action this preseason. We are going to need a WR of this size to make a serious run at the playoffs anytime soon.

I agree with you somewhat, but going strong over the middle is just a fraction of what a big physical receiver brings to the table. It gives you a better chance on the deep balls also and is extremely valuable in the run game. Lee and Stevie aren't bad blockers, but they are inconsistent and have very little push when engaged.

This post confuses me a bit....you do realize that with the exception of Evans (who has a very strong upper body..stocky) and Parrish EVERY one of our WR's is over 6' tall and most are over 200 pounds?

This is not counting Easley because of the injury right now.....

Then there is Scott Chandler at 270 pounds a former wide reciever and is catching everything thrown at him it seems.

Big bodies is completely irrelevant when it comes to RBs and WRs. Why does he have to be big to run a slant route? We had James Hardy and Terrell Owens a couple years ago. What good did that do us?

Big bodies is completely irrelevant when it comes to RBs and WRs. Why does he have to be big to run a slant route? We had James Hardy and Terrell Owens a couple years ago. What good did that do us?

I am wondering if what Frez might be talking about (correct me if Im wrong Frez) is the ability of a slant route runner to absorb a vicious hit......

Roscoe Parrish runs that route with the best of them.....then gets launched 15 feet after he catches the ball because he is a paperweight

Last year David Nelson took one from the pats tha knocked him out of the game.....a defender just unloaded on him and that was that

It would be nice to see a QUALITY reciever with some size to him actually DELIVER a blow to a defensive back rather then take one......

Scott Chandler folks

I am wondering if what Frez might be talking about (correct me if Im wrong Frez) is the ability of a slant route runner to absorb a vicious hit......

Roscoe Parrish runs that route with the best of them.....then gets launched 15 feet after he catches the ball because he is a paperweight

Last year David Nelson took one from the pats tha knocked him out of the game.....a defender just unloaded on him and that was that

It would be nice to see a QUALITY reciever with some size to him actually DELIVER a blow to a defensive back rather then take one......

Scott Chandler folks

Yes, that IS what I'm talking about. It goes back to what I attempted to say in my first post. We NEED a WR or two that have some size to them to be physical with DB's on opposing teams. I consider our little tiny WR's "finesse" type WR's. Our WR's have been getting bounced around for the last few years. It's time for change!

The answer is James Hardy.

:thumbsup: Call the Ravens ... James is out with an injury right now, we might be able to work a deal to get him!

Hardy has hamstring injury: Raves WR James Hardy is dealing with a hamstring injury, reports MASNsports.com on Saturday. Hardy is waiting on team trainers to tell him he can return to the field. Hardy said it is tough to miss valuable practice time. Hardy has been running with the second team in practice.

(Updated 08/06/2011)

:thumbsup: Call the Ravens ... James is out with an injury right now, we might be able to work a deal to get him!

Hardy has hamstring injury: Raves WR James Hardy is dealing with a hamstring injury, reports MASNsports.com on Saturday. Hardy is waiting on team trainers to tell him he can return to the field. Hardy said it is tough to miss valuable practice time. Hardy has been running with the second team in practice.

(Updated 08/06/2011)

didn't even realize he's in someone's camp... good for him. Seemed like a good guy--I hope he figures it out eventually.