Merriman

Wouldn't the other guys be as sore? Camp is only a week old-and he's on his second day off? Maybe he's just gassed.

My completely non-medical guess is that while he has been working out and staying in shape, Merriman likely hasn't been engaged in any football-related activites on a consistent basis, on healthy legs, in about three years. His legs just aren't used to playing football right now. That would be different than the majority of players on the roster.

Again, just a guess. I suppose we'll know for sure if he misses more time.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My completely non-medical guess is that while he has been working out and staying in shape, Merriman likely hasn't been engaged in any football-related activites on a consistent basis, on healthy legs, in about three years. His legs just aren't used to playing football right now. That would be different than the majority of players on the roster.

Again, just a guess. I suppose we'll know for sure if he misses more time.

Good point. I dont think you need to be a Doc to know thats true.

I am sure they are just being very careful with him.

Good point--he certainly doesn't need the practice. He's game ready, by all accounts.

Good point--he certainly wasn't looking good before missing the last 2 practices, and now that he's missed them, he'll be useless to the Bills.

And funny how silent you've been on him until now. No wait, it's no surprise.

That's right. It's not like he has a new defense to learn.

So would you rather have him 100 percent versed in the new defense while he stands on the sideline watching someone else play or have him healthy on game day getting better by the week?

Its not enough that he has been our best defensive player to start camp?

Baby him all you need to Chan.....as long as he is striking fear into the hearts of QB's on Sundays.

Thanks, Beerball.

"He's not there yet," said Nix, who was a member of San Diego's front-office staff at that time. "It might be more that he's a little afraid to turn it loose, but I'd say he's 75, 80 percent (recovered). Even at that, he's a good player."

Well, "giving away" for $8.75 :)

He did practice today (Sunday 8/7).

Hey, I've run a business that requires a lot of shipping. It ain't easy to keep that price down. Rates are spiraling upwards. Still a $17 shirt for $8.75 is good and it's not like he's going to make a profit off of that.

The one thing I realized the past few days - this team is far less interesting (especially to the masses) without Merriman. So much of our season is riding on Merriman's health which is a bit.. scary.

I do support them being extra cautious with him.

True. We should label someone Robin Hood.

That way, when we kick NewEngland's azz all over the field we can refer to them as Robin Hood and his Merriman.

It'll catch on like wildfire.

Just left practice. Yup, Merriman was there--whole practice at 1/8 speed.

What is it you were waiting for, doc?

I was waiting for you to chime in once he missed practiced (for an injury, not to rest), while conveniently ignoring his dominating camp up until that point. Needless to say, I was 100% satisfied.

I was waiting for you to chime in once he missed practiced (for an injury, not to rest), while conveniently ignoring his dominating camp up until that point. Needless to say, I was 100% satisfied.

He "dominated camp"--you mean for 4 or 5 days? OK--you win!! Give him the rest of the preseason off--it's only preseason, right?

He "dominated camp"--you mean for 4 or 5 days? OK--you win!! Give him the rest of the preseason off--it's only preseason, right?

4 or 5 days is a lot longer than the "15 minutes" you were giving his "broken down body." And no, just a couple days off is enough.

BTW, how's your newly motivated boy Haynesworth looking in camp?

Hey, I've run a business that requires a lot of shipping. It ain't easy to keep that price down. Rates are spiraling upwards. Still a $17 shirt for $8.75 is good and it's not like he's going to make a profit off of that.

I agree that is probably his break even point.

I have faith he'll be back. I just went to his website and got a free t-shirt too! He's giving away 100 of his Lights Out shirts.

This young LB stable is at an advantage with the leadership by Wanny and Merriman. They'll be better this year.

Edited by Thunderstealer