Guns on a bus...

Buftex

One more reason I'm glad I have my concealed carry.

This is one "political" issue I have pretty mixed feelings on. I don't carry a gun, and while I have seen first hand what can happen when they fall in the wrong hands, at the wrong time, I have also seen them work the way they should...somebody recently tried to rob my brother in-law, at knife point, while at work (contractor)...when they demanded he get his wallet out, he reached back and pulled out a gun...the guy scurried away pretty fast. The cops told him he should have just shot the guy...I am glad he didn't, and so is he, I think.

This thing, in the video, is just so over the top...you almost can't help but feeling like everything you see on line is fake, somehow...when I lived in NYC, my girlfriend and I were taking the subway home from a Metz game one night...it was packed. A young guy punched his girlfriend in the face...somebody said something to him, like "knock it off" so he punched her again...some old guy then proceeded to smack him over the head with an umbrella...Jeez...all hell broke loose. I am serious, it was like something out of a Spike Lee flick, a complete riot broke out on the train, and spilled out onto the platform at Northern Boulevard...there were at least 20 people, maybe more, just wailing away at eachother...I was so thankful nobody had a gun that night...

Edited by Buftex

And my wife and others think I'm a snob because of my disdain for public transportation. I use the bart rarely. Which is pretty much when someone else wants to and I have to kinda go along.

Edited by Dante

The lesson to learn here is spanking/disciplining a child is not child abuse.

I don't know what's crazier, that the women's reaction to being upset with someone was to make a call to have him killed or that she had people to call willing to do it. Where do these kind of psychos come from?

I don't know what's crazier, that the women's reaction to being upset with someone was to make a call to have him killed or that she had people to call willing to do it. Where do these kind of psychos come from?

You know...if you're a minority, single mom, in a city where you've been taught to not trust authority at all, and someone threatens to have your kid taken from you...I don't condone it, but "Help, someone is threatening to take my son from me!" I can understand it.

And the ass that threatened to report her to child services deserves a healthy beating. That spanking was not abusive - that woman's actions were entirely appropriate. Dickhead should have minded his own business.

You know...if you're a minority, single mom, in a city where you've been taught to not trust authority at all, and someone threatens to have your kid taken from you...I don't condone it, but "Help, someone is threatening to take my son from me!" I can understand it.

And the ass that threatened to report her to child services deserves a healthy beating. That spanking was not abusive - that woman's actions were entirely appropriate. Dickhead should have minded his own business.

Calling someone to spray the bus with bullets? Wow. You been in DC to long.

No CC required in Alaska. Buy it and drop it in your pocket. The bad guys know anybody or everybody could be could be carrying :thumbsup:

I have a question that you might be able to answer. Does Alaska give out permits to whoever asks for them, so that they can CC in other states?

Yes, I'm too lazy to google it.

I have a question that you might be able to answer. Does Alaska give out permits to whoever asks for them, so that they can CC in other states?

Yes, I'm too lazy to google it.

Well they don't give them to anybody.You would have the same background checks as any state. But it is "shall issue" in other words they must issue it if your not disqualified[felony's possibly domestic violence] Also I believe a safety/law course is required.

It is recognized in some states, Not sure which ones.

Edit-looks like most of them except good old NY, of course.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Can't believe I'm going to post this....

Hitting your child for discipline is just wrong. I have kids (2) and we have a hard enough time trying to teach my 3 year old that he shouldn't hit people. How do you get that to work if we turn around and hit him as a form of discipline?

I was spanked as a child (more than a few times I might add) but I do not and will not hit my children. It just sends the wrong message.

I would never report someone for spanking thier child though, I wouldn't even say anything about it to them. I would report them if I felt it went over the line, I might even stop them and wait for the police.

I'm done now.

Carrying a concealed weapon or any weapon and being on that bus, that's like a free chance to take out two pieces of trash in life before they mess up anyone elses. I think the judge should order all of those people to get spanked right before beheading them. Maybe use the fat chick to push the bus while the little punks act as speed bumps to stop it.