[closed]Maybin BUST

I know I am contradicting myself by starting this thread, but I think we all know the kid simply can't play at the pro level, should never have been drafted in any round let alone the 1st round, and made things worse by holding out.

1. It's not his fault where he was drafted

2. Despite what people think, he does work hard, the light is simply not coming on plain and simple.

3. His talent level is not on par with NFL standards.

There's literally no game film to critique, no on field attitude a-la Whitner to bash, so I am politely requesting we all agree it's time we as fans move on and quit bashing the guy, he'll be released this season anyway.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

I know I am contradicting myself by starting this thread, but I think we all know the kid simply can't play at the pro level, should never have been drafted in any round let alone the 1st round, and made things worse by holding out.

2. Despite what people think, he does work hard, the light is simply not coming on plain and simple.

There's literally no game film to critique, no on field attitude a-la Whitner to bash, so I am politely requesting we all agree it's time we as fans move on and quit bashing the guy, he'll be released this season anyway.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Sounds reasonable to me.

GO BILLS!!!

No - we must figure out why he's a bust - its our duty as fans.

I think its because he is dumb as a post. I think he is too stupid to grasp what it is he's supposed to do on the field, and too small to rely purely on athleticism like he did in college.

When the likes of Rhinehart and Pears are eating you up there is a problem.

I can't think of any other explanation but stupidity. Why else would he come into camp at 228 lbs? Hell, drink 10 protein shakes a day and work out 4 hours a day and you can put on 20 lbs of muscle in a couple months! He's so dumb I'm surprised he can tie his own shoes.

He cannot even get on the field. The only team in professional sports that has gotten less production out of a top ten draft pick than the Bills have gotten with Maybin, was the Boston Celtics when they selected Len Bias second overall.

Edited by Jauronimo

I thought it was kinda funny when I was at camp the other day. When the workouts were over and some of the players came over to the sideline to sign some autographs. Maybin came over to sign some and there quite a few fans that cleared the area, myself included. Was kinda funny.

It didn't take much to see that he couldn't play from he beginning.

-He doesn't use his hands.

-As athletic as he looks he is stiff, doesn't bend and is the opposite of fluid.

-Zero strength.

Never looked the part. But kept up with an unbelievable tradition of horrendous 1st round picks.

Let's review first round picks over past 10 drafts - shall we?

Marcell Dareus - 2011

CJ Spiller 2010

Eric Wood, Erin Maybe 2009

Leodis McLovin 2008

Marsha L'inch 2007

John McCargone,Donte Whitner 2006

Nobody (see Maybin) 2005

JP Losman 2004

Lee Evans 2003

Mike Williams 2002

11 picks

2 for sure starters going into 2011 (Wood/Evans)

2-3 other possible or likely starters including rookie (McLovin/Spiller/Dareus)

at least 5 total busts - everyone else, other than Marshawn, who was a reach, but somewhat productive, still a wasted 1st round pick.

Ironically, one of the better 1st round picks was one of the later picks (Wood)

I'm convinced that a consensus from the readers of this forum could have made better choices prior to 2009. What a bunch of nitwits they had occupying the offices at One Bills Drive.

so I am politely requesting we all agree it's time we as fans move on and quit bashing the guy, he'll be released this season anyway.

This is a reasonable request, but really impossible to comply with. However, how about this alternative, which attempts to reflect your noble points that much of this, excepting the hold-out, is not Maybin's fault. Instead, when tempted to bash Maybin, we just substitute Jauron.

I'll start:

Dick Jauron only weights 228lbs.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.