The Death of Super Tuesday

Link

The calendar is still in flux, but assuming the current dates hold, next year’s Super Tuesday will include just nine primaries, down from 24 in 2008.

The reasons for the sudden downsizing are varied. Red states are jockeying for greater influence on the GOP race this year by moving up their primary dates. Meanwhile, blue states are pushing their contests back into the spring, happy to extend Republican infighting as long as possible (and support the unchallenged Democratic incumbent). And with the Great Recession wreaking havoc on local governments’ budgets, some states are simply canceling the primaries altogether—or consolidating them with statewide elections—in order to save money.

Y'know, I've thought about Obama's 57 state comment a few times. How do you even make a mistake like that? It's like asking someone how many fingers do you have on your hand? You don't just say seven, the answer is common knowledge. It's almost baffling to me that someone could possibly make a mistake as such. Anyway, I just opined on the subject because it had been something that I had thought about.

Y'know, I've thought about Obama's 57 state comment a few times. How do you even make a mistake like that? It's like asking someone how many fingers do you have on your hand? You don't just say seven, the answer is common knowledge. It's almost baffling to me that someone could possibly make a mistake as such. Anyway, I just opined on the subject because it had been something that I had thought about.

It is a perplexing mistake. In the spirit of giving people the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was sleep deprived or something? People say some really stupid things when that's the case.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

It is a perplexing mistake. In the spirit of giving people the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was sleep deprived or something? People say some really stupid things when that's the case.

It is because there are 57 Islamic States. :wallbash:

/1billsfan

Or he was thinking "There's 50 states, I've visited 47"...and the brain crossed the two and made the mouth say "57". It happens, I've done it...

Not catching it, that's another thing...