What happened to Dinners on me Smartass?

Jeah it was still on but entries were only open for 3 days till 28th of july i believe (i saw it on my iphone and subsequently forget to enter as well even though im not entitled to win it).

Edit: here it is http://forums.twobil...ass-competition

Edit 2: hmmm last post is a wierd message from Beerball voiding the competition... :/ :censored::thumbdown::angry::cry::bag::wallbash:

Edited by bladiebla

I'd like to understand the reasoning for it being shut down as well. It has been a TBD tradition, and then we get some cryptic..."we need better rules" message and it gets shut down.

Its not like anyone is paying to participate... LABillsFan could decide to take the person with the best Avatar out to dinner and who would care?

Might as well enter the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. You've got a better chance to win that...

odds of winning this competition is 1 in 65,536.

As posted on the Publisher's Clearing House website, on January, 23, 2011, the odds of winning Giveaway #1830 "$1 million a year for life" were 1 in 1.21 billion.

It was shut down because LA posted something untoward in his rules (don't know what, frankly). Hasn't been restarted because LA was banned.

And this discussion should probably be held on the customer service board.

I'd like to understand the reasoning for it being shut down as well. It has been a TBD tradition, and then we get some cryptic..."we need better rules" message and it gets shut down.

Its not like anyone is paying to participate... LABillsFan could decide to take the person with the best Avatar out to dinner and who would care?

Agreed, it's just for fun and giggles anyway something that would be clear to anyone reading the "rules/mockery", LABillsFan is the final referee (it's his money so why not). Bottomline of the competition is that no-one will ever win it anyway. Doesnt matter it's fun during the season to go back and see what everyone predicted and it's fun catching people reffering to the Patriots* without an asterisk. It's fun to follow the survivor countdown. I dunno what happened or transpired behind the scenes, right now it sounds like a case of over-moderation but it may well be that some wanker kicked up a fuss which caused this chain of events. Or maybe they simply want to take the idea and make it bigger and use it as some sort of stadiumwall promotion.

Edit: some light on the issue by DC Tom above me.

Edited by bladiebla

I dunno what happened or transpired behind the scenes, right now it sounds like a case of over-moderation but it may well be that some wanker kicked up a fuss which caused this chain of events. Or maybe they simply want to take the idea and make it bigger and use it as some sort of stadiumwall promotion.

LABills chose to put it on hold for the time being.

He seemed to enjoy it so I would guess he'll want to pick it back up in a couple weeks, but I'm only speculating.