NFL Channel props

bobinaz

I agree that I think the Bills will be much better, and I can see them going 8-8. No that's not the playoffs but they will be knocking on that door and get more respect this year than people think. If they won those 3 over time games, they would have been 7-9, and if Trent didn't play at first they would have most likely won those games as well. Would've could've should've

This to me the real question mark this year. Will we be able to win more of those close games where we're there at the end, but lost it? It's been going on for years. Can we get over the "hard to play, easy to beat" moniker. I think our talent and coaching (with the addition of DW) should be better this year. Hopefully this can get us over the hump.

Go BILLS !!

Edited by reddogblitz

I was watching the NFL Channel's Back to Football show this morning and they did the usual who's the team to beat in the AFC, blah, blah blah.

Well they then went on to talk about a team to watch for in the AFC and Brain Baldinger mentioned the Bills. He had some good things to say about how the O-line has Wood, Levitre, Hangartner, and with Bell improving. He said they don't have any head cases with egos, how the Bills improved as the 2010 season played on, with being a catch away from beating the Steelers. He talked about how the team and the fans are hungry, so on and so forth.

It was nice to finally hear something positive from the media about the Bills. But he had a point. Now I know there are some of you that are whining that Nix and the front office are sitting on their hands and not doing anything in free agency, while the other teams in our division are signing players left and right.

But in my opinion, let them sign all these players. I look at it this way, the Bills did a major overhaul last year; new coaches, new play book, new defensive scheme, got rid of some dead wood. We saw as the year went on, they did improve, granted not in the W column, but lost some heartbreakers. This year they can build off of last year, the players know the system, can may some tweeks here and there, add some new wrinkles. The players are familiar with eachother, know what to expect. We have some players who were hurt last year, ie Merriman, that can come in and do what they were signed for. We don't have to worry about all these new players having to adjust and learn a new system. We brought in DW to coach the LBs and quite frankly, probably have a bigger influence on the defense than what's been admitted.

Everyone is 0-0 right now. Who's to say that the new players the Jets, Fins, and Pats are signing are even going to have an impact? Yeah, they may all look great on paper, but put them on the field. Colin Cowherd had said something last week about free agency. The FAs that are moving around are doing so becuase they have a flaw, some major, some very minor. They're like the sexy, single blonde at the bar. There's a reason she's single. Look at how many players are being jettisoned from the different teams. Ok so if it's for more money, that's their perogative, but are they really worth it. Poz was mediocre at best despite have led in tackles. Whitner cried too much. Would you have broke the bank to keep Poz? Whitner is still out there, probably deciding which unemployement line to get in to.

I want to give Nix and Gailey the benefit of the doubt. They've been in the business a long time and I think they know what they're doing. We all knew it was going to take a few years for the team to get it turned around. Look at the draft picks. Much improved from a few years ago. I truly expect to see better things from the team this year, especially on defense. If the D can stop the run, get off the field, then they'll hold up longer in the end and put the games away. DW was brought in for a reason and I think you'll see the difference.

Call me optimistic or having blind faith, but I'm on board with the team and how they're conducting business this year. I'm a BILLS fan, to the core. I'm not a bandwagon fan, I don't hope on board when they start winning. And for those of you who post, "I'm threw with this team", adios amigos. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I think a big part of being successful is maximizing the potential of your team. I think the physical differences between all these 300 lbs. lineman (on either side of the ball) are generally minimal. The real differences are inside these guys. Heart, intelligence, and attitude. These Bills are big enough, and they have added some talent. The real changes have to happen in their heads. I expect them to jump up to the middle of the pack this season, but they play in such a tough division that they might have to settle for 3rd there. Between the Pats and Jets, I think one of them won't be as good as expected. The Pats are in decline, and the Jets have flaws on offense.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I'm sorry but I still think these posters saying 7, 8, 9, even 10 wins this year are completely mad. I do like the direction the team is going and am optimistic for the future but to think that it's coming this year is just foolish.

All those posters that praise last year and how we could have won this game or that game on top of what we did win, well, we could have also just as easily lost every game that we did win. How come that is never mentioned?

My hopes, a true playoff push in 2012 and maybe a contender in 2013 or 2014. I'll sure as hell stick it out for as long as it takes though.

I'm sorry but I still think these posters saying 7, 8, 9, even 10 wins this year are completely mad. I do like the direction the team is going and am optimistic for the future but to think that it's coming this year is just foolish.

All those posters that praise last year and how we could have won this game or that game on top of what we did win, well, we could have also just as easily lost every game that we did win. How come that is never mentioned?

My hopes, a true playoff push in 2012 and maybe a contender in 2013 or 2014. I'll sure as hell stick it out for as long as it takes though.

You consider 7 wins unreachable?

As a wise man once almost said: Optimism in the defense of fandom is no vice, and pessimism in the name of realism is no virtue.

Well… I'm gonna have to appropriate that for my sig… by your leave.

I'm going to steal that one, RJ. I've got a new line to add to the sig.

LOL. I'm reminded about that line about "great minds thinking alike…" Never understood what that meant.

Steal away, eball... it is my rewriting of Barry Goldwater's famous line: "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice..."

Very nice, RJ. Stuff like this is what keeps me coming back.

You actually made me feel better. Honestly, your's is the first insightful, positive "Non-Homer" post that I have read in a long time. I hope that you are right as I have been pretty down on the team for a while after being their #1 Fan.

Keep the positive vibes going....

Well… thank you… but I hadn't yet posted in this topic.

But thank you for the kind words.

We've been saying that since 2000. We're soon going to hit 20 years of futility if we don't get better fast.

so brutally true. we aren't attempting to cure cancer here.

let's stop pretending that assembling a winning football team is a ridiculously, overwhelmingly difficult endeavor. i don't think winning 9 games a year once every decade or so is too demanding a request.