12 men on the field challenge

Toledo Bill

Insight like that makes this site invaluable. Thanks for clearing that up for me...

167315[/snapback]

Well...it did cost us a timeout, which one could argue hurt us at the end of the half. We probably would have had to kick a field goal anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal. It also cost us one of our challenges, but that turned out to be a non-factor. That's about all there is to it.

Well...it did cost us a timeout, which one could argue hurt us at the end of the half. We probably would have had to kick a field goal anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal. It also cost us one of our challenges, but that turned out to be a non-factor. That's about all there is to it.

167325[/snapback]

Thanks... I thought it was a great challenge (thinking we must have been right). I was sure that we would not have challenged unless we were sure of ourselves ( the challenge even occurred during a time out) and if we were right we would have received a first down.

I guess I was questioning if anyone had heard where Mularky got the bad info to challenge. Seems like the kind of error we shouldn't make.

Thanks... I thought it was a great challenge (thinking we must have been right). I was sure that we would not have challenged unless we were sure of ourselves ( the challenge even occurred during a time out) and if we were right we would have received a first down.

I guess I was questioning if anyone had heard where Mularky got the bad info to challenge. Seems like the kind of error we shouldn't make.

167334[/snapback]

I think we had a pic that the special teams folks looked and were sure they saw 12 bungles on field. Problem is reply never showed all players at one time on the ones they showed on the broadcast.

I'm happy as a pig in sh-- that we won, but that really was an unacceptable challenge...

it happened during at TV timeout (I believe)... the guys in the booth know you have to show conclusive evidence... and there's more than one guy... We won 33-17, so I don't really care, but it would be interesting if that was one of the "ask them yourself" questions this week.

I think we had a pic that the special teams folks looked and were sure they saw 12 bungles on field.    Problem is reply never showed all players at one time on the ones they showed on the broadcast.

167351[/snapback]

That would make the most sense. Replay challenges would not include pictures. Thanks

it happened during at TV timeout (I believe)...

I don't think they went to a TV timeout until after Mularkey decided to challenge.

I wonder if the upstairs review guy for the Bills thought there was 12 because a Bengal broke the huddle late and didn't get off the field 'til just before the snap.