Anybody know how to find the password for your network?

bbb

My computer guy set up my network and for some reason, my iphone has forgot the password. I can't get it to download any podcasts because they're too big.

He's on vacation, so I can't get a hold of him to find out what the password is. Is there any way to find or it change it?

My computer guy set up my network and for some reason, my iphone has forgot the password. I can't get it to download any podcasts because they're too big.

He's on vacation, so I can't get a hold of him to find out what the password is. Is there any way to find or it change it?

Try "password".

Go to a web browser, type "198.162.1.1(or 2, or whatever comes up in the history)" and it should access your router.

And, will it show the password?

Are you other guys saying it should be written on the router?

There's not a real way to "find" the password if you don't have it saved or written somewhere, this would make the password itself meaningless. You either have to remember / find the password where it has been written down / stored, or reset the password from the router.

Well, you seem to be able to retrieve passwords from websites, etc. if you forgot it and it doesn't make it meaningless.

Any way, my router was placed in a very hard to reach place, and I hope I was able to read these numbers right. It's got my network name or number on it - it's a 5 digit thing, which I know is it because that's the one that keeps popping up on my iphone. That's called the ESSID.

Then, there are three numbers under that - called the WEP KEY, the WPS PIN and the WAN MAC. Then there is a barcode and a number under that, which I presume is the barcode number.

Are any of these my password? And, yes I'll try them all right now, but they are so hard to read that I might have the right thing, but be a digit off. If I know what the correct one is, I'll try to really read that number better.

Yes it will show the password if you login. Usually you don't have to enter anything in the username and password section. Then go to security, notice if it's WEP, WPA, etc. and write it down.

there are a series of numbers/codes on your router, WEP, WPS and WAN...start with the first one and move on...one of them should work...the router id should be above those 3 codes

there are a series of numbers/codes on your router, WEP, WPS and WAN...start with the first one and move on...one of them should work...the router id should be above those 3 codes

I've tried all these numbers, and unlike when I was guessing some of the things I thought might be the password, it didn't automatically come right back and reject it.........It just went back to doing it's business, but still showing 3G and not the wifi.

I'm starting to think that maybe my iphone has dementia. It's battery power is fading (not helped right now that it's been trying to download a podcast for 3 days!). Could it just be that the thing is dying?

Well, you seem to be able to retrieve passwords from websites, etc. if you forgot it and it doesn't make it meaningless.

Any way, my router was placed in a very hard to reach place, and I hope I was able to read these numbers right. It's got my network name or number on it - it's a 5 digit thing, which I know is it because that's the one that keeps popping up on my iphone. That's called the ESSID.

Then, there are three numbers under that - called the WEP KEY, the WPS PIN and the WAN MAC. Then there is a barcode and a number under that, which I presume is the barcode number.

Are any of these my password? And, yes I'll try them all right now, but they are so hard to read that I might have the right thing, but be a digit off. If I know what the correct one is, I'll try to really read that number better.

ComputerGeek.net has a photo from a sample router that may help you to locate the number.

:censored:

always right click and properties for links, if you see 'pixyland', don't click...

As for the network question, did your network guy change the initial router password? if not, what type router are you using?

Edited by ricojes

Is it a Fios wireless router? Mine was black and had the brand Actiontec on it.