My bills sleepers for the year

I am excited about a couple guys I think will have good years, here they are

Te- Chandler 36 catches 4 tds and some good blocking

Rt- pears will win starting job and get extension

Lb- maybin 6-8 sacks and a pick

De/lb- not really a sleeper, just falls asleep as running backs go by

C'mon dude Maybin is a goner and the sleeper at Lb is Batten and White.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sitting right in front of the outside linebackers at camp last night. I was impressed with Maybin's hustle out there compared to previous years. He did look like a WR though. I have seriously never seen a grown many with as small of a waist line as him, let alone an NFL linebacker.

I said the same thing when i was lucky enough to be on the sidelines last year for pregame warmups. Maybin was active and i never have seen such a small waist on tall, athletic guy. Actually his arms were cut but seemed thin to me, muscular but thin bones. I get that he's an athletic freak but man, his body type is not meant to play a physical game at LB. I was hoping this year he would be a beefed up version of himself but i guess not.

As soon as I got to the letters M-A-Y-B-I-N, your post lost all credibility and I stopped reading. Back to the pumpkin patch Linus.

"Sleeper wishes"

I'm hoping that by the end of the year we see Dareus/Jasper/Williams as our front three.

The two Nelsons. David Nelson has nice size for a WR, would love to see him break out. And for some stupid reason I'm still hopeful Shawn Nelson gets going too.

Maybin, I sometimes wonder if they can put him in on strictly passing downs and see him be at all successful in that sort of game. But probably not.

Pretty much, I don't see much good happening for the Bills this year, they are a class behind NE/NYJ, and even Miami will probably be better.

Yes. I have a feeling David Nelson could be a great player. Something about him tells me he has a lot more to give. He's tall, but a bit lean. Hope his body can take the hits of a full season. But man, the guy has monster magnet hands. Look forward to seeing his play this year.

In terms of surprises, instead of sleepers, I think you'll see 5 things (and this is based on nothing but speculation and boredom).

1) Spiller and White end up making Fred Jackson look every bit his 30 years old. I think Fred will get his snaps, but not like last year.

2) Fitz has a rough season. I think he'll show flashes. But I also think he'll throw A LOT of picks, as has been his habit in general over the years. Sorry to be pessimistic, but I've seen enough marginally talented Bills QB's come into camp, say and do all of the right things, and then fail miserably. I hope this doesn't happen and Fitz is smart enough to know what he has to do to keep his job. I'm just not sure he'll be able to do it now that he is the starter and not the over-acheiving back up. (another reason why I don't care of the Thigpen signing, Chan essentially signed Fitzpatrick 2.0)

3) The defense is a lot better than expected. The defense will be young and explosive, with just the right amount of maturity. A lot of guys are coming into their 2nd and 3rd seasons w/ the team and they will be ripe to take those giant leaps forward. I expect Dareus will have an immediate impact on the line, but I also think you'll see guys like Carrington and Troup get their fair share of reps and impress in the process. I also think that Merriman will surprise and for once, the Bills will be a threat to sack the QB.

4) Aaron Williams will beat out McGee and McKelvin and end up starting opposite Florence. McKelvin will go down as another wasted pick.

5) The Bills go 8-8. I honestly think this team will be a headache for teams around the league. Our offense is going to be set up in a way that causes a lot of mismatches. Gailey is clearly trying to set up a unique offense that keeps the defense on their heals with multi dimensional players. Parrish, Spiller, B. Smith all can line up in the backfield and at WR. That should allow Jackson, Evans and Johnson to make plays in a more traditional sense. And as I said earlier, I think that while the running game will still give the Bills problems, they are much better equipped to handle a 3-4 this year and I think you'll see the results.

I agree with 2-4. W/ regards to #1, Freddy still has a year left in his tank. Don't doubt for a bit that Spiller will make huge strides.

Disagree w/ 8-8 though. Just don't have the horses yet to stop the competitive teams on offense. No worries though, this team needs one more high-draft class to plug into the roster.

My sleeper for this year: Nix. Lots of opportunities to improve this team with quality free agents at positions of real need and NOTHING was done other than merely replacing the Poz. No reason to expect any better than 4-12 next year.

No reason to watch the season or post here anymore then, right?

I recall people posting (with the internet equivalent of a straight face) how they expected 8-10 sacks from Maybin last year. You really can fool some of the people all of the time.

I do Billieve in fairies, I do Billieve in fairies, I do Billieve in fairies.....

No reason to watch the season or post here anymore then, right?

I am a Bills fan. Will watch them, root for them, get excited when they make a good play. Does not mean I have to bury my head in the sand and pretend that the front office has done a decent effort at upgrading this team when they obviously did not. But keep drinking the coolaid, they love people like you.

I am a Bills fan. Will watch them, root for them, get excited when they make a good play. Does not mean I have to bury my head in the sand and pretend that the front office has done a decent effort at upgrading this team when they obviously did not. But keep drinking the coolaid, they love people like you.

How could you not drink the coolaid?

I would drink whatever nix and gailey serve for some reason.... Wait is this a cult?

I like Jasper.Every play I've seen of him on tape is of him pushing guys like 5 or so yards.Boy could he clog up the middle for us.Or will he be on the o-line? All the tape I've seen is him on the o-line.And aiken could be the big receiver we've needed for years now.

Edited by playboy reese 2.0

I'll say Spiller. I think Gailey will try to get him the ball more and of the couple

interviews I heard so far the kid seemed humbled by his mediocore season last year. I think

he may have come in here thinking it was gonna be easy especially after the great pre-season

he had...Hopefully he took last year as a learning experience and he comes back this season

a little more mature and focused on what it takes to succeed in this league.

My other sleeper is McGee...Hopefully he is finally healthy and has a bounce back year

CJ Spiller, the Bills starting RBs over the last few years have had a shelf life of 3 seasons. Well this will be Fred Jackson's 4th year as a starter which means he's ready to move aside and make way for CJ Spiller. One has to think this regime wants to prove it's first pick ever wasn't a mistake.

Jairus Byrd had a sophmore slump that started him injured at the start of the year but he seemed to return to freshman form in the finale with a pick 6. Better play in front of him with Dareus/Merriman and Barnett could pave the way for more playmaking from a player that I feel is a playmaker.

Dwan Edwards, everyone forgets that he's on this team as he plays next to Kyle Williams and will be starting opposite Dareus. He might not remind anyone of Bruce Smith but a solid DE who might benefit from some of the new talent around him.

Maybin...LOL

First report I heard on Maybin was that Wang was tossing him all over the field. That is not a good sign.

I thought Wang just takes pictures in parking lots of Country Clubs?

CJ Spiller, the Bills starting RBs over the last few years have had a shelf life of 3 seasons. Well this will be Fred Jackson's 4th year as a starter which means he's ready to move aside and make way for CJ Spiller. One has to think this regime wants to prove it's first pick ever wasn't a mistake.

Jairus Byrd had a sophmore slump that started him injured at the start of the year but he seemed to return to freshman form in the finale with a pick 6. Better play in front of him with Dareus/Merriman and Barnett could pave the way for more playmaking from a player that I feel is a playmaker.

Dwan Edwards, everyone forgets that he's on this team as he plays next to Kyle Williams and will be starting opposite Dareus. He might not remind anyone of Bruce Smith but a solid DE who might benefit from some of the new talent around him.

I agree about dean and spiller, but not Byrd.

Everyone keeps saying he had a bad year because he didn't get nine picks, I disagree. Did namdi asawhatever have a bad year because he got zero?

Byrd is a top ten free safety in this league, he plays the run, strips the football, obviously gets ints although maybe not at a record pace. So no he didn't have alot of picks but the one he did went to the house. Also o think his forced fumbles against clevland won us the game.

Also his sack against Miami was big and he made some key plays to help hold off Detroit. Oh ask Rashard mendenhall about him.

Edited by Defend Greece

WR Donald Jones- I know that he is not a big target like David Nelson is, but he stepped up and showed he could play late in the season and with Easley back he'll have more pressure put on him to show that he belongs on the team.

OT Chris Hairston- If the Bills do not sign a veteran RT, then Hairston will get more of an opportunity. I would not be surprised if he is starting by mid-season.

DB Justin Rogers- His impact will most likely be on special teams, but don't count out this kid making a mark in nickel or dime packages.

RB Vai Taua- No he will not unseat Jackson or Spiller, but this kid was a big part of a high powered offense at Nevada. He could surprise.