• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am excited about a couple guys I think will have good years, here they are

Te- Chandler 36 catches 4 tds and some good blocking

Rt- pears will win starting job and get extension

Lb- maybin 6-8 sacks and a pick

De/lb- not really a sleeper, just falls asleep as running backs go by

As far as Dareus, the 3rd overall pick in the draft cannot be a sleeper anyway. Maybin could be a sleeper, he has been sleeping for a couple seasons now anyway. If I had to pick one sleeper, I would have to go with David Nelson. My gut is telling me we have seen the best season from Stevie Johnson, and before the season is half over, Nelson is going to see much more playing time.

Every year someone always wants to believe that Maybin will make any kind of impact on our team. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the guy is a shade over 200lbs and he's not going to contribute on defense. Special teams, maybe, but even that is a stretch.

I'll play along...

Here are my sleeper guesses... what the hell.

1. Jasper - he actually makes the team (not PS) and gets some playing time this year

2. McGee - despite being written off by many fans, has a solid year, starts 12+ gams and is our best DB.

3. Our as-yet-unsigned TE is by far the best TE, helping the offense. (Since we don't know who this is, they qualify as a sleeper, right?)

Can Merriman be considered a sleeper at this point, or is he the only Bill where anything between injured/out and solid starter is expected?

I have a hard time with all of yor sleeper guesses, Defend Greece, but admit to not having any knowledge of Erik Pears.

Every year someone always wants to believe that Maybin will make any kind of impact on our team. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the guy is a shade over 200lbs and he's not going to contribute on defense. Special teams, maybe, but even that is a stretch.

I was sitting right in front of the outside linebackers at camp last night. I was impressed with Maybin's hustle out there compared to previous years. He did look like a WR though. I have seriously never seen a grown many with as small of a waist line as him, let alone an NFL linebacker.

Maybin could be a sleeper, he has been sleeping for a couple seasons now anyway.

very, very funny.

If he produces even a few positive plays it would be a pleasant surprise/gift. Any sort of significant impact would be completely shocking. IMHO, he'll be lucky to be on the team. If he is....I'll be rooting for him.

very, very funny.

If he produces even a few positive plays it would be a pleasant surprise/gift. Any sort of significant impact would be completely shocking. IMHO, he'll be lucky to be on the team. If he is....I'll be rooting for him.

A few positive plays by an undrafted FA would be "a pleasant surprise/gift"....

I was sitting right in front of the outside linebackers at camp last night. I was impressed with Maybin's hustle out there compared to previous years. He did look like a WR though. I have seriously never seen a grown many with as small of a waist line as him, let alone an NFL linebacker.

He got manhandled by Wang in 1on1 drills as per Sal Maiorana

"Sleeper wishes"

I'm hoping that by the end of the year we see Dareus/Jasper/Williams as our front three.

The two Nelsons. David Nelson has nice size for a WR, would love to see him break out. And for some stupid reason I'm still hopeful Shawn Nelson gets going too.

Maybin, I sometimes wonder if they can put him in on strictly passing downs and see him be at all successful in that sort of game. But probably not.

Pretty much, I don't see much good happening for the Bills this year, they are a class behind NE/NYJ, and even Miami will probably be better.

A few positive plays by an undrafted FA would be "a pleasant surprise/gift"....

that's the point.....I'd be shocked if Maybin offered any glimpses of play....let alone being a 'sleeper' with a good/great year.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

Here's my sleeperss for the year:

1. Dareus can't be called a sleeper but he will be considered more dominant than Suh was in his first year. Giving us very high hopes going into next year.

2. Williams will start immediately at either on of the CB spots or Whitners old spot and will move over to start for McGee after another injury plagued season. Williams will look phenominal, and McKelvin will look like an actual starter givi g us hopes that our day 1 drafts of CBs might be over for a few years.

3A. Johnson emerges as a true #1 this year as he catches absolutely everything coming his way. It is obvious that he is a student of the game and it shows that he spent a ton of time on his catching/dropsies from last year. His route running is still stellar.

3B. Nelson has a great year. Putting up similar number to that of Roscoe Parrish and Lee Evans and with the small glimpses of Easley it makes us realize what a real WR Corp should look like. Big tall guys like Johnson, Easley, Smith and Nelson all making Parrish and Evans expendable. I wouldn't be suprised to see a Evans or Parrish trade before the season or during like the Lynch deal last year.

4. Jasper will not only make the team, he will get so e pretty good playing time. Take that with Dareus' great rookie year, it looks like were finally playing in the same league as the rest of the NFL.

5. The LBs all mesh well together. Merriman isn't his old self, but he's going to be improvements above and beyond what we all expected. Barnett will make us all happy we didn't pay 7m a year to Poz. Shephard will see a lot of playing time and give us hope that with another Solid ILB we could look pretty good at the LB position. Moats will show he is a starter and a damn good one opposite Merriman, proving his last season wasn't a fluke and giving us glimpses of what we can have for years to come. Batten will be a solid all around backer filling in at every spot. And I'll say it here, I think Maybin will be somewhat productive. Showing us a few glimpses, not enough to start, but enough to fill in for Merriman and Moats a few times and maybe cover a game or two while they are banged up. Giving us hope for after Merriman is done in 2 years.

He got manhandled by Wang in 1on1 drills as per Sal Maiorana

Not exactly bragging rights for Wang and more of the same from Maybin.

Anything Sal Maiorana says should be taken with the whole salt shaker. Never been too impressed with his insight. Even more concerning is his twitter pic. He's got a look on his face like someone just walked in on him raping the family dog.

I'll play along...

Here are my sleeper guesses... what the hell.

1. Jasper - he actually makes the team (not PS) and gets some playing time this year

2. McGee - despite being written off by many fans, has a solid year, starts 12+ gams and is our best DB.

3. Our as-yet-unsigned TE is by far the best TE, helping the offense. (Since we don't know who this is, they qualify as a sleeper, right?)

Can Merriman be considered a sleeper at this point, or is he the only Bill where anything between injured/out and solid starter is expected?

I have a hard time with all of yor sleeper guesses, Defend Greece, but admit to not having any knowledge of Erik Pears.

I also will play along as this is an interesting perspective to look at stuff.

I think Gailey will surpass expectations (though this may not be a sleeper in that though expectations are low hopes are quite high) and our offense really end up being a real weapon and one of the most productive Os in the league. I have no idea whether it is going to be Fitzy or Thigpen who becomes the franchise QB because the most impressive thing to me about how Gailey runs an O is that he gets production out of previously failed QBs. Both Fitzy and Thigpen are inadequate as players but that does not matter a ton in a humming Gailey offense. At least that has been the past experience where he made the playoffs with the previously failed Fiedler at QB and also got production out of previous stiffs like Kordell and Bulger.

This will surprise many due to the psychotic dream we have consistently pursued to find the next Jimbo.

2. I think another surprise for many (though not a sleeper as no individual TE will surprise) will be that TE will be a non-existent part of our O. I think we will run better from a spread O and using 3 WRs rather than a TE. The TE role might actually be a more consistent part of our O but really only if the OL does not come together and we need the 6th blocker to protect the QB. I think the sleeper will be zero statistical production from the TE but the offense is still productive.

3. I agree with folks who say that it is not correct to call Dareus a sleeper as we hope and expect great things from him, but I think the combination of Dareus and Williams has the potential for both of them to demand double teams that it is going to make either the third DL player and an LB so difficult to block (or alternately the other two DL players as I think part of our solution to are being weak in terms of LB depth is that our base D is going to really be more of a 4-3 than a 3-4) is that the opposing QB is going to be throwing against a fearsome Bills pass rush.

The sleeper is actually going to be Byrd who once again is going to flirt with double digits for INTs (no surprise but he did have a sophomore slump in INTs last year, but also we are likely to see IMHO George Wilson and the CBs also rack up a noticeably high number of INTs as Bills opposing QBs will be under more duress.

I recall people posting (with the internet equivalent of a straight face) how they expected 8-10 sacks from Maybin last year. You really can fool some of the people all of the time.