Marcus Easley's Knee Again?

Just read that he hyperextended the same knee that caused him to miss his entire rookie season. I sure hope not, but starting to look like this kid might be one of the many that come into the league with so much promise but can't stay healthy enough to accomplish much.

It's definitely too early to judge. Yes he got hurt last year, and I heard he suffered a hyper-extension. He may well be out two days or two weeks (who knows), but it's way too early in his career to label him. I don't think he was carted off the field, so this is likely nothing, or close to nothing... (fingers crossed).

Just read that he hyperextended the same knee that caused him to miss his entire rookie season. I sure hope not, but starting to look like this kid might be one of the many that come into the league with so much promise but can't stay healthy enough to accomplish much.

The untold story here is that when Easley had his knee scoped, he had to go to his 2nd option as a surgeon because the 1st guy was too expensive.

In other words, Ralph is cheap.

While he may turn into a decent WR, lets not get carried away. This wasn't Andre Johnson tearing up his knee in his first NFL training camp. It was a 4th round pick from UConn.

I'm always amazed at the hype that is given to guys who have yet to do anything at the NFL level.

While he may turn into a decent WR, lets not get carried away. This wasn't Andre Johnson tearing up his knee in his first NFL training camp. It was a 4th round pick from UConn.

I'm always amazed at the hype that is given to guys who have yet to do anything at the NFL level.

I never said he was Andre Johnson (and who is?), or did I hype him up, all I was saying was he had a chance to do something this year on a below average team and this may be a recurring injury. Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed and read too much into my original post? Hype is what alot of people on here were doing when they drafted Jasper in the 7th round, but you need to go back to bed and get the rest of your sleep.

I never said he was Andre Johnson (and who is?), or did I hype him up, all I was saying was he had a chance to do something this year on a below average team and this may be a recurring injury. Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed and read too much into my original post? Hype is what alot of people on here were doing when they drafted Jasper in the 7th round, but you need to go back to bed and get the rest of your sleep.

I was responding to your "he has so much promise" statement, and how it is so common for guys who have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on an NFL field to be over-hyped here(Jasper included). Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because someone disagrees with something your post is no reason to get all bent out of shape. :doh:

Edited by LabattBlue

The untold story here is that when Easley had his knee scoped, he had to go to his 2nd option as a surgeon because the 1st guy was too expensive.

In other words, Ralph is cheap.

That guy who does his work in the alley with a butter knife?

His "hype" is based on how he looked in his first camp. He definitely opened some eyes. That doesn't make him Jerry Rice but let's not write him off completely either. They all start out unknowns.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Ugh.

I'm actually okay with the depth we have at WR (Johnson, Evans, Parrish, and Nelson are a good top-4, with Brad Smith figuring in somewhere), so I say we don't rush him back, and let him get 100%.

That guy who does his work in the alley with a butter knife?

His "hype" is based on how he looked in his first camp. He definitely opened some eyes. That doesn't make him Jerry Rice but let's not write him off completely either. They all start out unknowns.

PTR

I am not writing him off(see my 1st post stating that he may still become a decent WR). As far as last year goes, he was hurt so early in camp, I don't know how anyone can form an opinion on him. Did he even play in a preseason game before getting hurt?

Edited by LabattBlue

His "hype" is based on how he looked in his first camp. He definitely opened some eyes.

With all due respect, Promo, Easley had just three days of camp last year before his injury. About the equivalent of what Jasper's had this year...

It's pretty common to hyperextend or tweak a knee when coming off of a serious knee injury. You just can't do anything for a long period of time and it weakens other areas of the knee as well as the hamstring. It sounds as though it's pretty minor and nothing to be too concerned with at the moment...

With all due respect, Promo, Easley had just three days of camp last year before his injury. About the equivalent of what Jasper's had this year...

He had a summer of OTA's as well (unlike this year). I think that's where people gained their opinions on his potential.

PTR

I was responding to your "he has so much promise" statement, and how it is so common for guys who have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on an NFL field to be over-hyped here(Jasper included). Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because someone disagrees with something your post is no reason to get all bent out of shape. :doh:

Not bent out of shape because of your "amazement" just "amazed" at your ability to exagerate. :wallbash:

He had a summer of OTA's as well (unlike this year). I think that's where people gained their opinions on his potential.

PTR

He also had some of the practices with the other players during the lockout in which several of the players there gave high praise of him.

I went to UConn same time as Easley. No one's trying to say that they "expect" him to be the next super star WR but he definitely has all the physical tools and the work ethic to do so at some point.....but again like others have pointed out essentially that's the M.O. of every guy who gets to the NFL level anyway. So let's all just hope he stays healthy and is a quick learner. He was worth the 4th rd pick and its not like we are in desperate need of another WR our corps is very young and solid.

But Easley is the build and has the ability to be a true #1 force! Eric Moulds-like build and speed. Does that mean anything at this point? No, lol. We are all just hoping that we find the guy who will eventually take over for Evans. We are in no rush so lets be happy! Our front office has actually been very good at getting young wideout talent. Easley could be good!