What Would You Do With The O-Line

The line is sure to be improved with Bell and Wood a year removed from injury and the whole line having more experience and familiarity with the system. Still 2 of 5 positions are currently slated to be filled by back-up caliber players.

Perhaps Urbik, Pears, or Hairston steps up, but it seems a big weakness for opening day. Given the weapons we have on offense it's not unreasonable to think we could be a high output offense with one or two key guys added to the line. Thoughts?

The line is sure to be improved with Bell and Wood a year removed from injury and the whole line having more experience and familiarity with the system. Still 2 of 5 positions are currently slated to be filled by back-up caliber players.

Perhaps Urbik, Pears, or Hairston steps up, but it seems a big weakness for opening day. Given the weapons we have on offense it's not unreasonable to think we could be a high output offense with one or two key guys added to the line. Thoughts?

I'd look at these threetwo

Justin Blalock resigned with Falcons, Max Starks, and Langston Walker

don't know the extent of Starks injury or weight gain but he played LT at 345 so if he was say 365-370 maybe he could still play RT.

Langston Walker was a serviceable RT and the guys who throw him to the curb were themselves thrown to the curb - and he did a kick as interview

I liked urbik a lot last year and look forward to seeing more of him. Also I wonder why is pears starting over wrotto who I also though did well in limited time. I wouldn't mind urbik wrotto on the right side at least in a preseason game to see what happens.

My assessment doesn't match quite. I think ubrik is fine with GH backing him up. Good players. Not probowlers but serviceable starters.

I don't like either tackle though. Bell is "improving if he could get healthy and get stronger" every year it seems. He's not a disaster but is below average (top part of the bottom third?) and that's assuming health. I think RT has some future potential but going into this year is bottom 5. I would love to get a guy like brown that can play both sides (even though he's a penalty machine at big moments) or even (and this is a big if) if he could be healthy, gaither. If bell is hurt they can swap over, and hold down a bigger position. I like the versatile swing tackle given our roster.