Eagles Sign Jenkins - release Bunkley

Jenkins In - Bunkley Out in Philly

The Iggles, who seem to have no salary cap, btw, have added Cullen Jenkins and cut former 1st round pick DT Brodrick Bunkley.

The Bills drafted 'lil Dante 8th overall in 2006, while Bunkley went to Philly at the 14th spot. IIRC, it came out later that the Bills had Bunkley second on their board behind Whitner. Of course, me you and the rest of Bills' nation was screaming for them to take Haloti Ngata, who went to the Ravens with pick number 12.

So, in essence, the team had two under-performers slotted higher than a perennial All-Pro and potential future HOFer.

At least they only had to say goodbye to one of them this week.

The Iggles, who seem to have no salary cap, btw, have added Cullen Jenkins and cut former 1st round pick DT Brodrick Bunkley.

The Bills drafted 'lil Dante 8th overall in 2006, while Bunkley went to Philly at the 14th spot. IIRC, it came out later that the Bills had Bunkley second on their board behind Whitner. Of course, me you and the rest of Bills' nation was screaming for them to take Haloti Ngata, who went to the Ravens with pick number 12.

So, in essence, the team had two under-performers slotted higher than a perennial All-Pro and potential future HOFer.

Who did they say goodbye to?

Very impressive off-season for the Eagles. My pick for the NFC champs.

Sadly, living in EAGLES Country I am going to start having to hear how 'THE-BIRDS are going to go undefeated and have to listen to Merrill Reese, their play-by-play guy, worship each player and proclaim them all Pro-Bowl worthy (He may be the worst 'homer' I have ever had to listen to for any pro sports team.).

There is a big question mark about how they are paying for all of these players with the cap but they are going to be really good in a division that is filled with weaknesses.

As for Bukley, once again it proves that at least 10 teams every year make bone head picks and sadly during Donahoe's reign (And, Marv's) the Bills were right there.

That being said, you have to be excited about this year's picks and most of last year's are going to be contributors and I hope Gailey has something planned for Spiller to show that wasn't a wasted pick.

Thought Bunkley was going to be a stud but turned out to be average.

Thought Brodrick Bunkley would be a natural fit in with Jim Johnson's eagles defense. Once Jim Johnson stepped down and ultimately passed away due to cancer it was not to be. In the right agressive 4-3 scheme I still think he'd be a heck of a player.