Lofa Tatupu

key part of the injuries last year though was that he started all the games into the playoffs despite having the knee problems. He just had them cleaned up so I imagine he would just be looking for a one year deal to get back into playmaker form and go for a big deal.

Looks like there's multiple ILBs out there to be had. I'd be shocked if we don't sign one. They're talking to Barnett, so it looks like they aren't happy with our current group. The move of moats to ILB solidifies that even more. Totupu, Barnett, morrison....decent group to choose from. Please sign one

Have to say pass on this one. The guy recently had surgery on both his knees and has played all of his NFL career in the 4-3. I doubt 7 years in the guy would suddenly want to go to a 3-4 team that isn't perceived to be in contention.

He was one of the best LBs in the game a year or two back.

Injuries shouldnt scare us. This day and age everyone gets hurt and has surgery. Knees are no longer career ending. I think Brady said he has had 26 surgeries or somethign in his career. And thats a guy who rode the pine for his first 4 years or something.

I would sign him, if he would come here of course.

He was one of the best LBs in the game a year or two back.

Injuries shouldnt scare us. This day and age everyone gets hurt and has surgery. Knees are no longer career ending. I think Brady said he has had 26 surgeries or somethign in his career. And thats a guy who rode the pine for his first 4 years or something.

I would sign him, if he would come here of course.

If he can pass a physical & can play anywhere near his previous level, why not?

I'd absolutely be interested in Tatupu. He excels in coverage which is something we sorely lack in the middle and if we're at all concerned about his knees a move to a 34 would help him as it reduces the amount of ground he has to cover. He's a little short at 6' but he's 250 lbs so he definitely thick enough and frankly shorter guys can get better leverage inside sometimes which is hugely important.

In addition he brings fire to a defense which we have sorely lacked for many years now. Not just words, firey attitude with play to back it up. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him with the Pats if we don't get him.

The one thing he brings to the table is versatility with his coverage ability. With a guy like that you can disguise coverages and fronts because he can play all 3 downs out of multiple fronts. He can be a 34 ILB, he can be a 43 MLB, he can be a nickel linebacker. His coverage ability alone allows you to do more things with creative blitzing because god forbid he wont get toasted every single time (unlike Poz who was a wreck in coverage).

This signing would be huge and there will be competition to get him. Pats and Eagles are 2 who come right to mind.