Are the eagles the team to beat?

Baring a complete breakdown of their offensive system, they still have the fastest/one of the highest scoring offense in the league. Defensively their lb's and safeties are weak spots. They're not a perfectly built team but they should be very dangerous. It makes sense for them to stock up on corners, considering The receivers in the NFC EAST on Dallas/NYG, as well if they want to go to a superbowl having to compete against the likes of New Orleans/Atlanta/GB they have to shut down other teams passing games. Again not perfect, but they've made moves that will undoubtedly help their team

Edited by Stealth

Baring a complete breakdown of their offensive system, they still have the fastest/one of the highest scoring offense in the league. Defensively their lb's and safeties are weak spots. They're not a perfectly built team but they should be very dangerous. It makes sense for them to stock up on corners, considering The receivers in the NFC EAST on Dallas/NYG, as well if they want to go to a superbowl having to compete against the likes of New Orleans/Atlanta/GB they have to shut down other teams passing games. Again not perfect, but they've made moves that will undoubtedly help their team

an injury to mccoy, any offensive line injuries, or any run of injuries in the front seven would be crippling, but they look pretty good. id worry about them playing clean mistake free playoff ball.... especially in bad weather against teams like chicago, greenbay, giants, or even on their own homefield (when you want to run and stop the run) but thats about it.

Edited by NoSaint

I love the city of Philadelphia, and the Iggles are my favorite NFC team...they will be a fun team to watch, for sure. If our Bills can't win the SB right now, I'm hoping the Eagles do.

i do think they will struggle against physical teams that can run, have veteran accurate qbs and have tight ends

think saints, packers, patriots... even atlanta if matt ryan matures and tony g doesnt.... the lack of linebackers and safeties should make it a game where a physical team can control the middle of the field and play possession ball.

Edited by NoSaint

With their three corners samuel might b a safety

With their three corners samuel might b a safety

thats like saying with young, vick might be a running back.

you run nickle atleast half to two thirds of your plays in the league these days. especially in the nfc right now, where you dont see teams built to run on you and WR corps are very deep.

thats like saying with young, vick might be a running back.

you run nickle atleast half to two thirds of your plays in the league these days. especially in the nfc right now, where you dont see teams built to run on you and WR corps are very deep.

Well maybe we can trade for Samuel, how about kelsay and a 3 for

Him

The eagles are stacking their team like the Miami heatSo are they the favorites?

I guess they gotta be

Gee--where did you read that?

Anyway, the Packers had 16 players on IR last season--including their star RB and TE, yet they still won the SB.

The Packers picked apart Reid's gameplan (Mike Vick passing 36 times) in the wildcard last year. Adding top CBs doesn't change the difference in talent and coaching that still exists between these two teams.

Gee--where did you read that?

Anyway, the Packers had 16 players on IR last season--including their star RB and TE, yet they still won the SB.

The Packers picked apart Reid's gameplan (Mike Vick passing 36 times) in the wildcard last year. Adding top CBs doesn't change the difference in talent and coaching that still exists between these two teams.

Look at post times, I did it before shefter

Eagles are stacking themselves for a run. But the teams to beat are still the Packers and Steelers. Get used to seeing the Packers and Steelers in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Those franchises are set up for a nice run the next decade or so

Look at post times, I did it before shefter

Vince Young declares the Eagles to be a “Dream Team”

Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT

Getty ImagesIn a move that could eventually be a nightmare for Philly fans, newly-arrived backup quarterback Vince Young has declared the Eagles to be a “Dream Team.”

“From Nnamdi [Asomugha] to [Dominique Rodgers-]Cromartie, to Jason [babin] to myself,“ Young told the media on Saturday, according to Tim McManus of PhillySportsDaily.com. “I know they are going to do some more things. . . . It’s just beautiful to see where we’re trying to go.”

All that’s missing are the fog machines, the spotlights, and expectations that can be achieved only if the Eagles win the Super Bowl.

That said, it’s safe to say that the same dynamic that made otherwise neutral NBA fans turn on the Miami Heat will prompt NFL fans with no strong feelings about the Eagles to develop them.

One of the newest Eagles, Jason Babin, tells Twitter followers that Philadelphia is the NFL version of the Miami Heat.

“I feel like we are the Miami Heat of the NFL.....,” Babin tweeted on his way to Lehigh as the Eagles started a big training camp session with owner Jeff Lurie in attendance.

Vince Young, Jason Babin: Eagles Are Dream Team, Miami Heat of NFL

By Larry Brown July 30, 2011 - Posted in Football

When asked to describe the players the Eagles have brought in, Vince Young said “dream team.” He continued “From Nnamdi [Asomugha] to [Dominique Rodgers-] Cromartie, to Jason [babin] to myself, I know they are going to do some more things … It’s just beautiful to see where we’re trying to go.”

I love the city of Philadelphia, and the Iggles are my favorite NFC team...they will be a fun team to watch, for sure. If our Bills can't win the SB right now, I'm hoping the Eagles do.

There is no fanbase MORE UNDESERVING than the idjiminits in this area.

They're worse than Boston.

Edited by joesixpack

There is no fanbase MORE UNDESERVING than the idjiminits in this area.

They're worse than Boston.

WHAT??? lol Come on, Joe...I absolutely fell in love with the passion and loyalty of the Philly fans when I lived there. They love their teams even when they suck, and I think it's a huge insult to compare them to the pompous, arrogant Boston fans. Philly is a large market, but they have always had to deal with an inferiority complex (relative to NYC and Boston), so in that sense I find them very endearing :D