O Line Confidence

Calling that speculation would be kind.

The Bills have always assigned a high value to good football players, OLine included. Do we really have to go back and recite all the high round draft picks used on OLmen over the years? Just who is this "higher up" in the organization that doesn't want the Bills to sign OLmen? Was this person there when they made Wood and Levitre 1st and 2nd round picks, respectively a couple years ago?

And for what it's worth, Linda Bogden was a well-respected scout in her own right. It's not uncommon for scouts to vehemently defend their viewpoints in the war rooms around the league. Ironically, she had a keen eye for OLmen and pushed hard for Hull when she first became a scout as well John Davis when he became a FA a few years later.

GO BILLS!!!

Over the last 40 years, there have been 10 instances in which the Bills used their first pick in the draft on a DB. Another ten times--including nine first rounders--the Bills used their first draft pick on a RB. The Bills have never used their first pick of the draft on a QB, and only twice have used their first pick of the draft on an OT.

RBs typically have short careers, while first round DBs drafted by the Bills tend to go first-contract-and-out. For the Bills to focus their best draft picks on RBs and DBs to the exclusion of QBs and OTs illustrates the short-sightedness and lack of strategic vision we have come to expect from this franchise. :angry:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many others, I'm disappointed that the Bills haven't yet signed any help for the Offensive Line.

How confident are you guys in a line that probably looks something like this (see below) right now?

Bell - Levitre - Wood - Urbick - Pears

I feel better about it than I did last year, but I think it's a very young line, and young lines make mistakes.

I'd really like to see some help at RT in FA

How is our Wang doing? Anyone know? Any Wang sightings? Did he lose weight (ref. David Nelson's training camp guide "never ask an OL if he's lost weight")

Pears- a journeymen that hopefully steps up atleast plugs the revolving door at RT. Im thinking we atleast add another veteran to compete for this job, Maybe Hairston will be a surprise

I think this sentence says it all. Any time the best one can say is "hopefully (name) steps up and plugs the revolving door" and "maybe (name) will be a surprise", the team gotta big problem at that spot

Edited by Hopeful

ruben brown sucked don't even think because he made the pro bowl every year he was good. I watched at least 10 eagles games last year and peters made the pro bowl, he was nowhere near a pro bowler in fact i would've rather had bell then him

Nope, he was very, very good. We remember fondly his stupid penalties. But to say he sucked is stupid. And you'd really rather have Bell last year over Peters? Easy there.

Edited by stony