[closed]No minimum per-team NFL expenditure applies for 2011 / 2012

Scrappy

Yous should probably create more threads.

Did you know this to be the case ?? All I have ever heard & seen is that 99% BS, it's just not the case. This % deal is directly for the Bills, it assures them time for financial changes. You think all the major team will not spend to the max ?? So, get over yourself.

Did you know this to be the case ?? All I have ever heard & seen is that 99% BS, it's just not the case. This % deal is directly for the Bills, it assures them time for financial changes. You think all the major team will not spend to the max ?? So, get over yourself.

Not sure I understand your gibberish, but we've been spending cash to the cap. That's all that's required (beginning in 2013.)

Edited by Captain Caveman

The last year there was a cap (2009) we were about 7 mil under it, less than the 11% that will be required in 2013.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

Keep starting threads.

Yeah using cash to cap...so in otherwords Buffalo management used creative cap managing to spend LESS than other teams in any given year.

There are only two types of ownership in the NFL - those with a desire to win and those with other agendas.

Guess where we fall?

Until it changes it will be the singular most relevent topic in Bills land so yes please keep starting threads.

Wow, more inane "Ralph is cheap" posts. Awesome. <_<

The common consensus here was we had to spend near the $120 Million cap, please tell me that is going to happen this year ?? Tell me how this team is going to raise the talent level without buying the talent ?? Maybe a hometown discount with Poz ??

Folks, we as fans aren't getting the best team possible fielded by financial choice. Please dispute this fact instead of generalizing to look smarter.

Yeah using cash to cap...so in otherwords Buffalo management used creative cap managing to spend LESS than other teams in any given year.

There are only two types of ownership in the NFL - those with a desire to win and those with other agendas.

Guess where we fall?

Until it changes it will be the singular most relevent topic in Bills land so yes please keep starting threads.

I mean can this be anymore obvious or does everyone just prefer to bury their heads in the sand (or snowbank)?

The last year there was a cap (2009) we were about 7 mil under it, less than the 11% that will be required in 2013.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

Keep starting threads.

We drafted 3rd & went 4-12 last season, keep debating the obvious.

The common consensus here was we had to spend near the $120 Million cap, please tell me that is going to happen this year ?? Tell me how this team is going to raise the talent level without buying the talent ?? Maybe a hometown discount with Poz ??

Because as we say with Clabo, offering more money ensures players come here, right? :rolleyes:

As for how to raise the talent level, outside of adding FA's, you can, say, develop your draftees.

As for how to raise the talent level, outside of adding FA's, you can, say, develop your draftees.

And now, with shorter rookie contracts --- 4 years to become an UFA --- we can watch said draftees walk (or run) away faster than ever once their time in Stalag Ralph Wilson Stadium is up.

Edited by UConn James

Because as we say with Clabo, offering more money ensures players come here, right? :rolleyes:

We do develop them & then when they ask for their payday, we ship them off to other teams that are willing to pay them better than we ever will.

And now, with shorter rookie contracts --- 4 years to become an UFA --- we can watch said draftees walk away faster than ever once their time in Stalag RWS is up.

LOL, that is what I was thinking.