Salary Cap Question

Im wondering about the cap floor, i know we have to hit it by the end of the year. Does that mean if we sign nobody and have 20million in cap room can we fork over big bonuses during the year for player extensions so that their cap hit is alot lower through the life of their contract?? if so it seems like thats what me might be doing

Im wondering about the cap floor, i know we have to hit it by the end of the year. Does that mean if we sign nobody and have 20million in cap room can we fork over big bonuses during the year for player extensions so that their cap hit is alot lower through the life of their contract?? if so it seems like thats what me might be doing

It's been like 3-4 days. FA cant even visit, or put pen to paper yet if they are switching teams. Patience. There is still a TON of talent out there.

It's been like 3-4 days. FA cant even visit, or put pen to paper yet if they are switching teams. Patience. There is still a TON of talent out there.

Speaking of which, here's a pretty solid article on whose still out there. http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/plenty-of-talent-left-in-fa-pool-at-key-positions-for-bills/comment-page-1/#comment-174895

No i didnt mean it as in Ralphs cheap. I meant it as in if we are ramping up for the future. Say week 15 were out of contention if we can give out a bonus heavy extension. For example. Sign player X to 3 year deal for $21million. Instead of the player being $7mill hit 3 years, could we give out like $15mill bonus and than have player only be a $3million cap hit for the future.... this could be a good way to set ourselves up for a long run :thumbsup: id rather do something like that than overpay a bunch of losers because we have to hit the cap minimum

Edited by AReed Deep For 7