Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FA's don't have to worry much about the weather in Buffalo. They would miss most of the winter..

Given that most of our seasons are ostensibly over in early November you're right. It'd be a much bigger factor if we were, you know, good.

I'm sure that it's not a factor at all that in March - when the usual FA courting goes on there are tons of places who are well on into spring while Buffalo isn't even remotely. I'm not even talking Florida, more like Maryland. That step off the plane is not a good first image.

If you can deal with feeling like you are in Mexico and English is a second language. I guess i like living in America. Not Miami/Cuba/Mexico.

Not for nothing but if you were in Buffalo during it's hey day I think you'd probably feel like you were in Eastern Europe about as much as Florida makes you feel like you're in "Mexico"

Ummm. Lived here for seven years. Better weather. Hotter women. It's got it all minus the snow and my Bills. Though the food sucks unless you like BBQ and slow service.

Of course I miss my Bills!

Who doesn't like BBQ? Anyway go the Varsity Restaurant for me would you. I miss that place and the great food there. Also you get some fine real Mexican food there liek we would never know about here in Buff.

So now that we've made the case and established beyond all doubt that no free agent of sound mind could ever want to play in Buffalo, no one will be upset when we don't sign a big name this offseason, right?

No they should all want to anyway. RW should use the mind control device that he uses on all of us when it comes time to pay for tickets on the FAs.

Buffalo has a horrible reputation with NFL players (and people in general). Sabres have reversed their bad rep. That's why I'm thinking the Falcons will have a chance to match and will get a bit of a hometown discount if the numbers work. It would not have gone this long if Clabo did not want to stay in Atlanta.

They have?

They had to pretty much beg 2 players to decide to come play in Buffalo (Ehroff and Regher) and still overpay one of them (Ehroff). Then they had to overpay for a Winger with one good year (mostly one good playoff) to come be their big C signing this offseason. Players still aren't banging down the doors of HSBC arena to come play here, just because they have an owner willing to throw around more money then Pacman Jones at a strip club.

So now that we've made the case and established beyond all doubt that no free agent of sound mind could ever want to play in Buffalo, no one will be upset when we don't sign a big name this offseason, right?

The idea is, we'll have to spend more money to get FA's. And then, hopefully, we'll become a good enough team that people would want to come here to be a part of a successful franchise.

The free agent we have signed worked with Gailey before. So guys that have played for the coaches will sign here. Beyond that, the Bills organization has a perception problem to overcome. To overcome that, we have to count on bidding a FA out of the affordability of a team strapped by cap concerns. If we get Clabo in the door, maybe others will open their eyes to the possibility of playing in Buffalo.

They have?

They had to pretty much beg 2 players to decide to come play in Buffalo (Ehroff and Regher) and still overpay one of them (Ehroff). Then they had to overpay for a Winger with one good year (mostly one good playoff) to come be their big C signing this offseason. Players still aren't banging down the doors of HSBC arena to come play here, just because they have an owner willing to throw around more money then Pacman Jones at a strip club.

Now they have to perform on the ice. At least Pegula got it done. That's a HUGE step in the right direction compared to where the Sabres had been. Unfortunately, it does take overpaying to overcome owners trashing an organization's reputation for more than a decade. The Bills face the same climb now.

Sorry dude, But Miami is the place to be in the south. Miami is the NYC/LA of the south.. We got ATL beat on most levels, Women,beaches,clubs,strip clubs.. Seriously dude MIA is the king of the south....

I have been in So fla for over 23 years and MIA is the biggest sh-t hole on earth. there is about 5 sq miles where anyone would want to live. If you are 21 then it is the place to be, like any other down town area. If you want to buy a round of drinks for $100 then So Be is the place for you.

The free agent we have signed worked with Gailey before. So guys that have played for the coaches will sign here. Beyond that, the Bills organization has a perception problem to overcome. To overcome that, we have to count on bidding a FA out of the affordability of a team strapped by cap concerns. If we get Clabo in the door, maybe others will open their eyes to the possibility of playing in Buffalo.

I don't have a problem with what is being discussed here. I'm just hoping that since we've established that the Buffalo Bills are marginally more attractive to prospective free agents than say the Kabul Golden Kamels or the Darfur Fighting Goats, that we can forgo the inevitable outrage threads after the Bills can't get a deal done with whichever big ticket FA we are all hoping for.

In other words, since we've made the effort to lay out a bulletproof case as to why Clabo, Zach Miller and Burnett should not sign with Buffalo, can we not freak out when they don't sign with with the Bills?

I don't have a problem with what is being discussed here. I'm just hoping that since we've established that the Buffalo Bills are marginally more attractive to prospective free agents than say the Kabul Golden Kamels or the Darfur Fighting Goats, that we can forgo the inevitable outrage threads after the Bills can't get a deal done with whichever big ticket FA we are all hoping for.

In other words, since we've made the effort to lay out a bulletproof case as to why Clabo, Zach Miller and Burnett should not sign with Buffalo, can we not freak out when they don't sign with with the Bills?

The problem there is that the Bills have all the cap room to make them offers which "they cant refuse".

Money talks in this league. Players know they have to get as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

We'll see how loudly the Bills talked...

The problem there is that the Bills have all the cap room to make them offers which "they cant refuse".

Money talks in this league. Players know they have to get as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

We'll see how loudly the Bills talked...

We need to be talking loud before we can be talking proud!

Better city in your opinion. Very subjective analysis. You state it as fact. I myself really enjoy Buffalo, and have lived elsewhere and visited every city in this country pretty much. Its funny that the worst ambassadors of this city are the people that left 10 or 15 years ago. Buffalo is a much different place, and I believe is making a nice, albeit slow, turnaround. My Orange County, California wife loves it here, and wouldn't live anywhere else after spending the last 3 years here. So, quit spouting your factual comparison that Atlanta is so much better than Buffalo. To each their own.

By the way, I enjoy Atlanta, but the traffic and the southern culture gets on my nerves real quick. But that is just me.

Nicely stated. I have been on this board for a number of years & it always amazes me that the people that have moved away taking pot shots at WNY. It is almost like they have to do this to make them feel better about moving away. I love WNY, if you have a good job it is just a great place to live. Been to Atlanta two times & did not care for it. The traffic was crazy & having 9 months of beautiful weather is a crock of sh*t. I was there right around labor day a few years ago & it was 95 degrees outside with 90% humidity.

I think the tough sell here is not the cities but that Atlanta is on the cusp of a super bowl & well the Bills are the Bills I guess. Hopefully they blow him away with an offer that Atlanta can not match.

It starts snowing as early as October there. :P

This is the stuff I think people get aggravated with. It very rarely snows here in October. I play alot of golf & usualy without get at least 5-6 round of golf in October & in most years I am golfing right up to Thanksgiving. So stop making sh*t up okay?