Former Bills Signings/News

Thought I'd just start a central list for all of the former Bills players signings and news. I liked some of these guys a lot and so do some other fans. Let me know of others and I'll keep this updated.

If you're not one who cares, don't read.

Signed:

Ron Edwards, DE - $8.25m/3 Carolina Panthers

Takeo Spikes, LB - $unk/3 San Diego Chargers

John Wendling, S - $2.75m/? Detroit Lions (re-signed)

Justin Bannen, DT - St. Louis

Trent Edwards, QB - Oakland Raiders

Cut:

Willis McGahee, RB (Balt) Rumored to Denver

Nate Clements, CB (SF) Signed by Cincinnati

Marcus Stroud, DT (Pats) (Still injured)

Mike Williams, OT (Wash) (Officially released. Didn't play last year)

News:

Jim Leonard, S - NYJ: Fully medically cleared from a broken fibula last year.

Edited by Mark Long Beach

I saw Ron Edwards re-sign. I always loved the guy when he played here, though he had all those shoulder injuries. Always showed real flashes. Nice to see him having a solid career in the NFL.

He's had a much longer career than I expected. Reminds me a little bit of our current DT/DE Spencer Johnson. Solid but unspectacular; A true survivor in a tough business.

How the hell is Takeo Spikes still playing?

That may be a good thing for us...

San Diego has some decent LB's that are free agents...

Maybe we can pick up more of the scraps and build a time machine to 2006 and have a good corp with Merrimen

Maybe we can pick up more of the scraps and build a time machine to 2006 and have a good corp with Merrimen

Takeo's neck can reach out and tackle people all by itself.

Seriously though, it took a few years for his Achilles to truly heel (pun intended). He's been a solid player but no longer a pro-bowl caliber one. He's also transitioned to playing in a 3-4 successfully. He'd start for us over Andra Davis at SILB.

Spikes is still playing because his Dr was the guy in buffalo who got caught smuggling PED's (HGH) over the Canadian border :oops:

Edited by AReed Deep For 7

Stroud cut from the Pats*. Apparently he isn't healthy from the "minor" Surgery in January. We released him officially because of a failed physical. It looks like he may be done.

http://www.necn.com/07/28/11/Report-Patriots-cut-Stroud/landing_sports.html?blockID=544283&feedID=3352

Isn't it weird that a team can cut you for failing a physical (which is the result of an injury sustained while playing for that team)?

John Wendling Detroit.

Not sure what's going on with Nate as his camp is denying he's been released by the 49rs. He pretty much has to be cut with a $17.5m cap hit this year just by himself.

Somebody better break the news to Nate that he is a Bengal now! :P

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110730/SPT02/107310358/Cornerback-help-comes-Clements?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

Spikes is still playing because his Dr was the guy in buffalo who got caught smuggling PED's (HGH) over the Canadian border :oops:

HGH doesn't enhance performance it speeds healing. I think all pro sports should have medically supervised PEDs so athletes can play better, have longer careers and better health while giving us the best product on the field.

Isn't it weird that a team can cut you for failing a physical (which is the result of an injury sustained while playing for that team)?

Especially when the injury came in buffalo, and he was healthy enough to sign in feb.