For those of you who think JP is not ready...

DeeRay

Would the Bills Finish 8-8 with JP as the starter? If so, I've got news for you. With Bledsoe as the starter, we won't finish any better than that.

Doesn't it scare the begeezuz out of any of you the thought of Bledsoe at the controls from the 30 yard line on in? Sack, holding pentalties on the oline trying to hold their blocks an xtra 3 seconds for Drew, interceptions, 11 men in the box stuffing the run cuz Bledsoe can't make the defense pay for that...

I'd much rather see an offense like the Ravens... dumbed down to not make mistakes and let the defense win the games. blesoe can't funtion in that type of offense. Come to think of it, I'm not sure which type of offense Bledsoe can function in. help me out...., but I'm pretty sure his best 3 years were under parcells when Drew had Armstrong, Wolobaugh, Glenn, Martin, Coates, & Gash. I count 6 all pros there. Do the Bills have that many all pros to conceal Drew's shortcomings?

Since Sats. game is televised... at least in WNY and CNY, please everyone watch Bledsoe closely....forget his lack of mobility. Notice in particular, from the time the ball is snapped till the time it is released. Notice also the time it takes him from the time the ball is snapped till the time he sets up. Compare that to Travis and JP and see if you notice a difference.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeeRay, based on what we've seen so far, you can take everything you know about our team's capabilities this year, write it down on a piece of paper, crumble it up and shove it up the ass of a fly.

You have no idea if this is an 8-8 team with Bledsoe or anyone else, so I suggest maybe we give this team a chance to show what it's made of when the season counts instead of making some wild, off the wall, grand gesture based on two weeks of camp and one preseason game...a game, incidently, in which Bledsoe threw 4-6 and looked pretty damn solid.

I'll ignore your post since it's just the same old crap. But I will answer your headline. What is the worst that can happen if JP starts and isn't ready?

1) JP gets thrown to the wolves and takes too much punishment to his body AND his psyche and loses his confidence after having a terrible year (which most rookie QBs endure no matter where they play) thus shaving years off his career before it even begins.

2) The Bills throw away a season before it begins...We have a very talented roster here and a new coaching staff. But by throwing JP into the starting lineup from game one we are essentially saying, "it's a rebuilding year". Try telling that to TKO and see how far you can run before he catches you and pummels you B)

DeeRay, based on what we've seen so far, you can take everything you know about our team's capabilities this year, write it down on a piece of paper, crumble it up and shove it up the ass of a fly.

You have no idea if this is an 8-8 team with Bledsoe or anyone else, so I suggest maybe we give this team a chance to show what it's made of when the season counts instead of making some wild, off the wall, grand gesture based on two weeks of camp and one preseason game...a game, incidently, in which Bledsoe threw 4-6 and looked pretty damn solid.

585[/snapback]

"Shove it up the ass of a fly :rolleyes: " LA you have quite the knack for getting your point across, keep em' coming

You think Bledsoe looked solid? The facts are, with Bledsoe at QB, this offense had 3 very good field position drive starts, and were in the red zone twice, coming away with 3 points. Most QBs (except Bledsoe), know that the two things you absolutely, positively cannot do in the redzone are 1) turn the ball over and 2) take a sack Also, the radio announcers were quick to comment that Denver defense had 8 and sometimes 9 men in the box. A QB has to be able to beat that... period.

So, here's the transcript from Bledsoe's 3 series. Sound very RJ-esque and very reminiscent of the Bledsoe that I've watched over the past 24 Bills season games. A lot of sizzle, but no steak.

1-10-DEN22 (13:27) T.Henry up the middle to DEN 22 for no gain (K.Kennedy, D.Spragan).

2-10-DEN22 (12:51) D.Bledsoe pass to D.Shelton to DEN 22 for no gain (K.Herndon).

3-10-DEN22 (12:07) (Shotgun) PENALTY on BUF-M.Pucillo, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at DEN 22 - No Play.

3-15-DEN27 (11:50) (Shotgun) D.Bledsoe pass intended for E.Moulds INTERCEPTED by W.Middlebrooks at DEN 1. W.Middlebrooks to DEN 16 for 15 yards (T.Henry). Receiver and coverage along left sideline.

1-10-BUF39 (10:39) T.Henry right end pushed ob at BUF 39 for no gain (C.Bailey).

2-10-BUF39 (10:09) T.Henry right tackle to BUF 43 for 4 yards (A.Wilson).

3-6-BUF43 (9:24) (Shotgun) D.Bledsoe sacked at BUF 35 for -8 yards (R.Johnson).

4-14-BUF35 (8:56) B.Moorman punts 44 yards to DEN 21, Center-J.Dorenbos, fair catch by T.Luke.

1-10-DEN42 (7:24) T.Henry up the middle to DEN 41 for 1 yard (D.Williams, L.Elliss).

2-9-DEN41 (6:47) D.Bledsoe pass to T.Henry to DEN 36 for 5 yards (C.Bailey). Dump pass left, caught at DEN 45.

3-4-DEN36 (6:04) (Shotgun) D.Bledsoe pass to E.Moulds to DEN 29 for 7 yards (K.Herndon). Caught at DEN 29, right flat.

1-10-DEN29 (5:21) D.Bledsoe pass to J.Reed ran ob at DEN 14 for 15 yards. Caught along right sideline at DEN 14.

1-10-DEN14 (4:55) T.Henry up the middle to DEN 11 for 3 yards (D.Spragan, J.Lynch).

2-7-DEN11 (4:17) T.Henry right tackle to DEN 13 for -2 yards (D.Spragan, A.Wilson).

3-9-DEN13 (3:35) (Shotgun) D.Bledsoe pass incomplete (L.Elliss). Pass batted at line.

4-9-DEN13 (3:29) R.Lindell 31 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Dorenbos, Holder-B.Moorman.

DEN 0 BUF 3, Plays: 8 Yards: 29 Possession: 3:59.

Its funny that when the draft time came around, everyone, well most people on this board were focusing on the QB position.........and still are. I think its really important for everyone to keep in mind that WITH NO O-LINE ANY QUARTERBACK WOULD NOT PERFORM. Blaming Drew, and saying ANYONE would be the answer is, in my opinion, wrong. With no O-Line, we will not have any chance to generate any offense, particularly the pass game.

Does Keth Shuler and Rick Mirer ring a bell? I'd much rather put a QB too late in Pennington's route than the too soon route which could kill a young QB's career.

You think Bledsoe looked solid?  The facts are, with Bledsoe at QB, this offense had 3 very good field position drive starts, and were in the red zone twice, coming away with 3 points.  Most QBs (except Bledsoe), know that the two things you absolutely, positively cannot do in the redzone are 1) turn the ball over and 2) take a sack Also, the radio announcers were quick to comment that Denver defense had 8 and sometimes 9 men in the box.  A QB has to be able to beat that... period. 

So, here's the transcript from Bledsoe's 3 series.  Sound very RJ-esque and very reminiscent of the Bledsoe that I've watched over the past 24 Bills season games.  A lot of sizzle, but no steak.

1-10-DEN22 (13:27) T.Henry up the middle to DEN 22 for no gain (K.Kennedy, D.Spragan).

2-10-DEN22 (12:51) D.Bledsoe pass to D.Shelton to DEN 22 for no gain (K.Herndon).

3-10-DEN22 (12:07) (Shotgun) PENALTY on BUF-M.Pucillo, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at DEN 22 - No Play.

3-15-DEN27 (11:50) (Shotgun) D.Bledsoe pass intended for E.Moulds INTERCEPTED by W.Middlebrooks at DEN 1. W.Middlebrooks to DEN 16 for 15 yards (T.Henry). Receiver and coverage along left sideline.

1-10-BUF39 (10:39) T.Henry right end pushed ob at BUF 39 for no gain (C.Bailey).

2-10-BUF39 (10:09) T.Henry right tackle to BUF 43 for 4 yards (A.Wilson).

3-6-BUF43 (9:24) (Shotgun) D.Bledsoe sacked at BUF 35 for -8 yards (R.Johnson).

4-14-BUF35 (8:56) B.Moorman punts 44 yards to DEN 21, Center-J.Dorenbos, fair catch by T.Luke.

1-10-DEN42 (7:24) T.Henry up the middle to DEN 41 for 1 yard (D.Williams, L.Elliss).

2-9-DEN41 (6:47) D.Bledsoe pass to T.Henry to DEN 36 for 5 yards (C.Bailey). Dump pass left, caught at DEN 45.

3-4-DEN36 (6:04) (Shotgun) D.Bledsoe pass to E.Moulds to DEN 29 for 7 yards (K.Herndon). Caught at DEN 29, right flat.

1-10-DEN29 (5:21) D.Bledsoe pass to J.Reed ran ob at DEN 14 for 15 yards. Caught along right sideline at DEN 14.

1-10-DEN14 (4:55) T.Henry up the middle to DEN 11 for 3 yards (D.Spragan, J.Lynch).

2-7-DEN11 (4:17) T.Henry right tackle to DEN 13 for -2 yards (D.Spragan, A.Wilson).

3-9-DEN13 (3:35) (Shotgun) D.Bledsoe pass incomplete (L.Elliss). Pass batted at line.

4-9-DEN13 (3:29) R.Lindell 31 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Dorenbos, Holder-B.Moorman.

DEN 0  BUF 3,  Plays: 8  Yards: 29  Possession: 3:59.

621[/snapback]

Two big things you are forgetting.

1) Denver's defense was number 4 in the league last year. This wasn't exactly creampuffs that our first unit was facing.

2) THERE IS NO GAMEPLANNING IN PRESEASON!!!!! None. That means no checkdowns, no audibles, no adjustments at the line of scrimmage. If you call a running play and they put 9 in the box, you don't check out of it in the preseason.

Again, you are really jumping the gun here. Go take a drink, smoke a joint, get laid, be happy...do something...ANYTHING other than worry about Drew. It's far too early to be saying that JP should start.

I think its really important for everyone to keep in mind that WITH NO O-LINE ANY QUARTERBACK WOULD NOT PERFORM.

Of course, I think everyone agrees with that. However, when you have a bad O line and a QB that ...

1) is slow to set up

2) is slow in reading and making decisions

3) immobile

These just make the offensive line's problem just worse.

I watched Carolina and the Giants last night... the Giants line is horrid, but i thought manning did a good job of moving the offense and getting rid of the ball quickly and managed to ring up 6 points on a killer Panther defense. On the other hand, I thought Carolina's offensive line sucked too, but DelHomme set up quick, hit quick passes ala Brady... and was able to get outside the tackle box when he did see pressure so that he was in a position to throw the ball way and avoid the sack... helping his blockers.

Drew can't do these things.

Bledsoe will start. If he cannot stop the Defense from putting 8-9 men in the box and bringing the jailbreak blitz, he will be replaced. The key is the PLAYCALLING. If the Coaches do commit to the run, it's a moot point. Bledsoe won't be back there attempting 50 passes a game. Turnover totals should plunge.

The 1st pre-season game doesn't mean much to me. The OL is still being sorted out. Once we establish our 5 starters, we'll have a better idea. Way too early to speculate or draw conclusions.

Im with you on this, but I just cant stand to bear the fact that our O-Line sucks something fearce

Of course, I think everyone agrees with that.  However, when you have a bad O line and a QB that ...

1) is slow to set up

2) is slow in reading and making decisions

3) immobile

These just make the offensive line's problem just worse. 

I watched Carolina and the Giants last night... the Giants line is horrid, but i thought manning did a good job of moving the offense and getting rid of the ball quickly and managed to ring up 6 points on a killer Panther defense.  On the other hand, I thought Carolina's offensive line sucked too, but DelHomme set up quick, hit quick passes ala Brady... and was able to get outside the tackle box when he did see pressure so that he was in a position to throw the ball way and avoid the sack...  helping his blockers.

Drew can't do these things.

641[/snapback]

I'll ignore your post since it's just the same old crap. But I will answer your headline. What is the worst that can happen if JP starts and isn't ready?

1) JP gets thrown to the wolves and takes too much punishment to his body AND his psyche and loses his confidence after having a terrible year (which most rookie QBs endure no matter where they play) thus shaving years off his career before it even begins.

2) The Bills throw away a season before it begins...We have a very talented roster here and a new coaching staff. But by throwing JP into the starting lineup from game one we are essentially saying, "it's a rebuilding year". Try telling that to TKO and see how far you can run before he catches you and pummels you B)

598[/snapback]

agreed!

I don't want to toss JP into the fire immediately. More importantly I don't want to give Dallas a top 10 pick that they are COUNTING on from us. Jones and Tuna think they fleeced us on the Losman draft spot trade. I want to show them up.

I tend to agree with DeeRay but I'm still holding out hope that Drew will pick up his game. Most teams have offensive line holes. I'm not going to blame the O-line for every poor series like some people. A solid QB can mask alot of problems up front. Drew Bledsoe will determine how much Drew Bledsoe plays this year. It's all up to his performance. This staff and Donahoe will not allow the Bills to string together 2 or 3 bad offensive games in a row before replacing Drew....I guarantee that. If Brown and Losman continue to do well in preseason and show command of the offense and the escapability that Drew doesn't have,,,,than one or both of them will see playing time. I kinda' feel bad for Drew. He wants to leave the NFL on his own terms and ride off into the sunset,,,,but I see this ending badly for him. I picture a frustrated Drew on the sidelines at some point this year and Losman coming in to put a spark in the offense. From then on the Bills never look back and all Drew has left is a Bills visor to go with his Tom Brady flashbacks.

but I see this ending badly for him.  I picture a frustrated Drew on the sidelines at some point this year and Losman coming in to put a spark in the offense.  From then on the Bills never look back and all Drew has left is a Bills visor to go with his Tom Brady flashbacks.

726[/snapback]

This needs to happen if we want any shot at the bowl. I have more confidence in Travis then Drew. Even Sam Wyche said Travis is having as good of a camp as Drew. Now that's said, since some of the people around here think Brown sucks.

You know, even SpikedLemonade was more optimistic than you at this point last year. Even when he decided that last year's woes were all because of Drew, he still wasn't as singleminded as you.

I've got news for you. With Bledsoe starting, we won't finish any worse than 10-6. I will follow your precedent and base that prediction on performance in a previous season. You use 2003. I will use 2002 for offense and 2003 for defense. They both qualify as ancient history. With Evans looking better than Price, and Henry's reduction in fumbles, and the improvement of the defense, I suspect that there might be an improvement over the 2002 record. :sarcasm off: (mostly)

Would the Bills Finish 8-8 with JP as the starter?  If so, I've got news for you.  With Bledsoe as the starter, we won't finish any better than that.

Doesn't it scare the begeezuz out of any of you the thought of Bledsoe at the controls from the 30 yard line on in?  Sack, holding pentalties on the oline trying to hold their blocks an xtra 3 seconds for Drew, interceptions, 11 men in the box stuffing the run cuz Bledsoe can't make the defense pay for that...

I'd much rather see an offense like the Ravens... dumbed down to not make mistakes and let the defense win the games.  blesoe can't funtion in that type of offense.  Come to think of it, I'm not sure which type of offense Bledsoe can function in.  help me out...., but I'm pretty sure his best 3 years were under parcells when Drew had Armstrong, Wolobaugh, Glenn, Martin, Coates, & Gash.  I count 6 all pros there.  Do the Bills have that many all pros to conceal Drew's shortcomings?

Since Sats. game is televised... at least in WNY and CNY, please everyone watch Bledsoe closely....forget his lack of mobility.  Notice in particular, from the time the ball is snapped till the time it is released.  Notice also the time it takes him from the time the ball is snapped till the time he sets up.  Compare that to Travis and JP and see if you notice a difference.

580[/snapback]

People, JP has played a little over a quarter against 4th quarter scrubs in a pre-season game. I agree that he's got the potential but to put the onus of the season on him at this point is a little far fetched. At the least, reserve judgement until you've seen him play in the first quarter against a starting defense. Whether Mularkey let's that happen this pre-season is left to be seen.

Even then there's a big learning curve to the regular season. Troy Aikman made a good point when talking about Eli Manning last night, who started the game by the way. He said that there's a huge difference between vanilla preseason and the regular season when all the blitz packages are coming at you full bore. He felt that by starting Eli, Coughlin would have to sacrifice some wins early for his QB's development.

I kinda' feel bad for Drew.  He wants to leave the NFL on his own terms and ride off into the sunset,,,,but I see this ending badly for him. 

726[/snapback]

I agree with that statement. If he'd been born ten years earlier, he'd probably had a Marino or maybe even Kelly type career. His skills at least to me seem like Marino's in 1994.

However the prototypical QB has changed drastically. I doubt Kelly or Marino even at their peak could be very successful in today's NFL...

I doubt Kelly or Marino even at their peak could be very successful in today's NFL...

778[/snapback]

You're kidding right? Marino had the quickest release ever and hardly ever got sacked, although very immobile. Kelly was successful because he had a great offensive line. Both would be just as good today given the same circumstances.

Archived