What has the switch to the 3-4 gotten us?

Perhaps you had a dad like that...

You can draw whatever analogies about me you care to, but I'm not the doom and gloom sky is falling guy you would like to think I am. All I've ever done here is point out the mistakes, miscues and judgmental errors made by this new HC and GM.Have I ever once lied or made up stories about the mistakes made by these two men?

I mean, the GM himself even stated he wasn't the "smartest guy in the room" to a bunch of media types at his first presser as GM. The same GM publicly stated the teams is "not that far away" before last season started, then after 5 weeks and no wins that tune changed to

"its going to take some time" The HC defended his selection of a "waterbug" type RB with the #1 pick by stating that the RB would make the O line block better....I don't need to spew any lies or BS about those two old fools, they are like Hank Bullough- Stew Barber clones. It would be almost comical, if it wasn't so sad.

You keep making personal comments about me, what I'm like, how I treat my kids, my wife. I read them and didn't comment because I don't care to make this personal. I could make some assumption's about you SJBF. Like, are you on a grand crusade to smooch RW's backside every chance you get in hopes he leaves the team to you when he passes? When your wife steps out on you, do you just look the other way... because you seem to deny the obvious. But I would never lower myself to make those type of comments about another Buffalo Bills fan simply because he doesn't see things the same way I do...

If you want to bring a rational argument to me, then that is fine.

OTOH, If you don't like what I post, then feel free to put me on ignore. Better yet, feel free to put your hands over your ears, close your eyes and chant naa naa naa naa naa naa naa every time you feel compelled to read one of my posts.

I wish I could give you a whole-hearted apology, Harvey… but I can't.

Like I've said before, the Bills are about .470 in their history. Last year they were .250 so yeah, they suck and everyone knows that.

Having said that, I would guess that about 90% of your comments are negative and the constant drumbeat of negativity is annoying as hell for one thing, and for another thing, it indicates that the poster does not have a good perspective on things.

One could reasonably assume that a Bills fan who was a fair, balanced, objective poster and had a good perspective on life, would at least have positive things to say 25% of the time.

Once could assume that a person with good perspective and a sense of humor would have more value to add to our community than just, "they suck, they'll continue to suck and you'll see that I was right."

You seem like a smart guy and I guess that's why I read your posts but sometimes (like first thing this morning), it's just annoying as hell.

So for my half-hearted apology… I'm sorry for saying some of the things I said and I didn't mean to attack you on a personal level. My bad and it won't happen again.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last offseason, we took a decent-but-not-great cover-2 system and switched it to a 3-4 without the players, coaches, or planning needed to make the change. What were the results? As best I can understand it, this is what occurred:

1) Our best player, Aaron Schobel, retired because he didn't want to play OLB

2) We made Kelsay a 3-4 OLB, which he can't freakin' play (he could barely play in a 4-3), and handed him a huge contract extension; we made Stroud a 3-4 end although he wasn't built for it

3) Our second best player, Kyle Williams, plays out of position - as well as he does it, it's not hard to imagine that he'd be all the better as a 4-3 penetrator

4) We're in year 2 and we still don't have a true NT on the roster (DON'T say Jaspar for chrissakes)

5) We've now lost our only decent LB because of the system switch

6) The defensive coordinator who was supposed to be the architect of the switch already has been semi-demoted

7) Oh yeah, our D got worse last year

So tell me, what have we gained here? Someone explain it to me. I know Nix is such a great football mind/team-builder, I keep hearing it from the PTR Crew. But I have yet to see it in action.

I agree with every point of yours. It seems like they aren't sure what they want to do, or if they know what they are doing. They claim this big move to the 3-4, it sucked last year, now they bring in Wanstadt who has coached the 4-3 his whole career? Alot of moves this current regime makes really are head scratchers and on the surface at least, don't make much sense.

Edited by billsfreak

I wish I could give you a whole-hearted apology, Harvey… but I can't.

Like I've said before, the Bills are about .470 in their history. Last year they were .250 so yeah, they suck and everyone knows that.

Having said that, I would guess that about 90% of your comments are negative and the constant drumbeat of negativity is annoying as hell for one thing, and for another thing, it indicates that the poster does not have a good perspective on things.

One could reasonably assume that a Bills fan who was a fair, balanced, objective poster and had a good perspective on life, would at least have positive things to say 25% of the time.

Once could assume that a person with good perspective and a sense of humor would have more value to add to our community than just, "they suck, they'll continue to suck and you'll see that I was right."

You seem like a smart guy and I guess that's why I read your posts but sometimes (like first thing this morning), it's just annoying as hell.

So for my half-hearted apology… I'm sorry for saying some of the things I said and I didn't mean to attack you on a personal level. My bad and it won't happen again.

Apology accepted. What we seem to forget from time to time is that we are all Bills fans here, and we all want the best for the team. I never wish any other Bills fan anything but the best.

I don't believe I ever constantly spew the team sucks over and over like you state. I merely point out the mistakes and short comings made by this new coaching staff and GM. Perhaps its just the way you choose to perceive things. If you really feel that I never have anything positive to post about the team then simply don't read my posts.

When the Bills do something positive I usually respond in a positive way, perhaps you missed all my posts about how happy I was the Bills drafted Marcel Darius, or you simply overlooked them.

One could also assume this is the only forum I read or post in, its not.

You also need to realize that it also wears on me to read post after post from over zealous optimistic Bills fans gushing about how good the team will be this year, when I see things completely differently. I restrain myself quite often.

It is my belief that if I can get others to see the facts surrounding the current team, and also understand that this owner has a long storied history of hiring bad to mediocre head coaches, and GM's... and the result of those hirings are bad to mediocre teams. History has also shown that this owner will never hire top personnel unless he is forced to by the fans. The clock is ticking...