Jason Peters OP house burns after lightning strike

Scrappy

As much as I hated him for leaving you never want someones house to burn down or other tragic events to occur.

It was empty for some time so I assume that no one was in harm's way, and no personal belongings were lost. Only the investment of cash.

And to that, I say, "Couldnt happen to a 'nicer' player!"

It was empty for some time so I assume that no one was in harm's way, and no personal belongings were lost. Only the investment of cash.

And to that, I say, "Couldnt happen to a 'nicer' player!"

Why does he deserve such a fate?

Because he wanted to be paid like an elite tackle? He wasn't even the highest paid lineman on his pathetic unit? How can you blame him for being upset when idiot GM Marv Levy doled out a combined $85 million to Dockery and Langston Walker?

Bills fans are amazing :)

I suppose we should wish ill upon Pat Williams, London Fletcher and Antoine Winfield while we're at it. :)

I suppose we should wish ill upon Pat Williams, London Fletcher and Antoine Winfield while we're at it. :)

No, they deserved to be paid. Please don't try to associate good players with Peters to make a weak position appear stronger.

Why does he deserve such a fate?

Because he wanted to be paid like an elite tackle? He wasn't even the highest paid lineman on his pathetic unit? How can you blame him for being upset when idiot GM Marv Levy doled out a combined $85 million to Dockery and Langston Walker?

Bills fans are amazing :)

He wasnt an elite tackle either, and still hasnt been with his new team. He DID have a freshly signed deal that the Bills happily re-negotiated with him 2 years earlier to get him some better pay. The Bills did this AFTER they were the only team to take a flyer on him, and find a spot on the roster for him, and provide him with the coaching to develop some skills that he could turn into a career.

And he re-paid the team by holding out, and then ADMITTED TO not performing well, or even trying hard, during the games because he was unhappy with the money he felt he was missing out on.

Scumbag performance by JP and his agent all around.

The Bills, for once, handled this one well.

You just insulted 3 VERY GOOD players who are also class acts. Things that JP is neither of.

I dont "wish" ill on him, but Im happy to see some hiccups in his cushy life while he gets overpaid to under-perform.

Edited by DrDareustein

He wasnt an elite tackle either, and still hasnt been with his new team. He DID have a freshly signed deal that the Bills happily re-negotiated with him 2 years earlier to get him some better pay. The Bills did this AFTER they were the only team to take a flyer on him, and find a spot on the roster for him, and provide him with the coaching to develop some skills that he could turn into a career.

And he re-paid the team by holding out, and then ADMITTED TO not performing well, or even trying hard, during the games because he was unhappy with the money he felt he was missing out on.

Scumbag performance by JP and his agent all around.

He was a converted tight end showing signs. Yes, the Bills took a flyer on him but he also deserved to be the highest paid player on that line. Instead, the Bills – par for the course – signed below average players for elite money, proving yet again that they possess the most incompetent front office in the NFL. When agents have middle-tier players on their roster, they know the Bills may come to the rescue with an elite-level contract. When the Bills signed Chris Kelsay to a rich deal, they redid Schobel's contract to make sure he remained the highest paid player on the line. When they signed Dockery and Walker to staggering deals, they expected a Peters (their only Pro Bowler at the time) to sit tight and smile?

Please. To say the Bills handled this one well is pretty lame, considering Dockery and Walker are nowhere to be found.