ATTN: JW/Associated Press Folk

Meh - it's not really hot until it hits 300 degrees F - if you're complaining about it when lakes, streams and rivers turn to steam you're a puss..........

I bet these same people compain when it gets to -180 degrees F in the winter, too - everybody knows it's not really cold until the nitrogen liquifies.......

Hell, I went to J-school, and I speak from experience that for most of the people there, journalism and English were not strong subjects for them!

If anyone still hired copy editors, stuff like that has a much smaller chance of passing muster and writers would at least seem as though they had two brain cells to rub together....

Edited by UConn James

Jeez - I thought EVERYBODY knew that Ethyl bromide boiled at 101 degrees F at atmospheric pressure - come on people, think! Does the AP have to spell out EVERYTHING?

Water will boil at 100 F under some conditions.

I don't suppose the air pressure that day was a twentieth of normal, was it?

Hell, I went to J-school, and I speak from experience that for most of the people there, journalism and English were not strong subjects for them!

If anyone still hired copy editors, stuff like that has a much smaller chance of passing muster and writers would at least seem as though they had two brain cells to rub together....

What I really love is that if you Google the headline you'll see that dozens of media outlets posted the story verbatim on their websites, meaning not only did this little ditty get by the AP writer and any editor involved there, it also went right by people at various newspapers, TV stations and radio stations - doesn't anyone ready anything anymore?

Yeah, that was sorta the joke. I guess I was a little too subtle...

No it was clear. But just because we don't remember it, does that mean it didn't happen? I think a sci-fi style mega-conspiracy could be fun.