Drugs are nuts

Beerball

Oh, I'm sorry Diamond Walnuts, the correct answer was "As a natural product, medically walnuts would be considered not a drug but a naturopathic remedy, and under federal law covering alternative remedies are not subject to FDA regulation as a medical drug."

Not that the law makes any sense, either...but it is the law, and the FDA's bound by it. But even beyond that, the FDA's out of it's !@#$ing gourd on this one. "Making claims" does not make food a medicine.

Thanks a lot guys. Not many of you know but I am a recovering addict. Now I'm craving a can of honey roasted peanuts.

I had a friend once who was hooked on honey-roasted peanuts. He insisted he wasn't an addict, he could stop any time, it was perfectly harmless, certainly less so than other legal legumes like soy or string beans, and never caused him any impairment.

Then he did an entire jar of Planters Gold one day, and got hit by a truck one day running a red light on his bicycle. Very sad.

I had a friend once who was hooked on honey-roasted peanuts. He insisted he wasn't an addict, he could stop any time, it was perfectly harmless, certainly less so than other legal legumes like soy or string beans, and never caused him any impairment.

Then he did an entire jar of Planters Gold one day, and got hit by a truck one day running a red light on his bicycle. Very sad.

pssst, hey buddy...got any Blue Diamonds on ya?

You guys can joke about this all you want. I kicked my pistachio habit a couple years ago and it was the most difficult experience of my life. Delirium tremors and all the rest. I tried using lentils as a sort of methodone, but it was no good. I still have to close my eyes and plug my nose every time I pass through the bulk section at Wegman's.

Addiction is hell.

You guys can joke about this all you want. I kicked my pistachio habit a couple years ago and it was the most difficult experience of my life. Delirium tremors and all the rest. I tried using lentils as a sort of methodone, but it was no good. I still have to close my eyes and plug my nose every time I pass through the bulk section at Wegman's.

Addiction is hell.

At least we know who to blame