Will changes at SJF force Bills to look elsewhere?

I wouldn't blame the Bills if they dumped SJF over the lack of playing fields. I think SJF blew this one.

But I also see the Bills looking to stay in the Rochester area, for obvious reasons. I hope the Bills are looking at RIT and perhaps my alma mater, Brockport. If Cortland can host the Jets, Brockport should be able to handle the Bills.

My understanding is that a SJFC alum with money wanted to donate it for a new track. So the college, out of fear of making potential donors made, agreed to the project. I'm sure if comes with a nifty plaque or name dedication for the donor, kind of like Wilson's name used for I think the Education Dept. Apparently SJFC wanted the money to be used, call this crazy, to support its educational goals. So rather than say no thanks, we're not noted track and field powerhouse, they took it and did this.

And the Toronto suburb idea... don't discount it. If they don't like just one field, they won't stay. If you can't conduct practices the way you want, you leave.

Why not just move the training camp to the Toronto suburbs? Half this place thinks we are moving there anyway...

Actually, moving training camp onto Canadian soil may be a great idea, along with all pre-season "home" games.

Then they can move the regular season and playoff home games back to the Ralph where they belong.

ACTUALLY ID LIKE TO SEE IT MOVED TO UB AMHERST .. WHAT A IDEA put it where the people are ,,it might be too busy though , the way the new cba is set up i think they could do anywhere .camp is far more classroom stuff than the field work than in the past .

Actually before anything was done at St.John Fisher,They asked Buffalo if there would be any problem.

They were told it would be no problem so they went ahead and did their changes.

I fail to see how any new agreement would hinge on the new set up especially if they were told there would be no problem.

Actually before anything was done at St.John Fisher,They asked Buffalo if there would be any problem.

I fail to see how any new agreement would hinge on the new set up especially if they were told there would be no problem.

Hard to say because there's so much we don't know about this situation. Is it possible that the Bills simply chose not to stand in the way of a multi-million dollar gift from an alum?

Here's something to consider:

This is the last year of the Bills contract at SJBF… I mean SJF.

It could be that the team is using this year as an evaluation of the viability of running camp with one grass field instead of two and will make a decision based on the results and feedback from the coaching staff and the other departments.

In other words, I think it would be fair to say right now that nothing is certain as far as the Bills future at SJF. There might be a good likelihood that they'll return but we simply don't know that.

Certainly they would be ill-advised not to consider other options for the future.

Odd comments then.

This construction project means that the Bills now have only one grass field to practice on, a situation that was not received very happily by the team in a year when the contract between the Bills and the school expires.

"Fisher has made significant alterations to the footprint and we're going to have to make some modifications (to the way we practice)," said team CEO Russ Brandon. "We're going to have to work with Fisher to make sure we have the same experience. They went from two fields to one, and that's significant."

What's the big deal? One field is turf, one grass. It's training camp.

If Brandon blows this situation in Rochester ('regionalization", right?) over something as dumb as this, he should be canned. Bad enough he blew the Wegmans sponsorship deal.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Take the team to Brockport.

Brockport would be stupid. It essentially moves the camp out of the range of the Syracuse fans and defeats the purpose of trying to enhance the Rochester regional fanbase. SJF is convenient for Rochester.

No offense to Brockport as a school or town, but it isn't in the ideal position. I know for a fact that I would never go all the way to Brockport to see the Bills practice as much as I do now. Living on the east side of Rochester, it is easily 45 minutes to get there with traffic.