Not this again?

http://news.yahoo.com/al-shabab-prevents-aid-reaching-2-2m-somalis-165509975.html

Obama's 4th war? I hope not, I don't want a repeat of Mogadishu.

You're an idiot.

If our military can't delivery some god damn food what's the point of having it? Get er done!

I was going to suggest you read the article...but then I realized that you very well may have, and could have misunderstood it just this badly.

Is there anyone on this board named "Dave" who is not a complete !@#$ing bozo?

You're an idiot.

I was going to suggest you read the article...but then I realized that you very well may have, and could have misunderstood it just this badly.

Is there anyone on this board named "Dave" who is not a complete !@#$ing bozo?

Would you stop? I am waiting for them to debate/argue. That should be classic.

• 2 weeks later...

In the recent spate of human population projections, articles say that by 2050, the world population will be ~7 billion and by 2100, it'll be ~10 billion, with 95 percent of that growth being in Africa.

Who the !@#$ are they trying to kid?

Many African governments are starving their populations, either to give it to their military/elite or as a result of policies like Mugabe violently taking white farmers' land and giving it to blacks who don't have the first clue how to farm. We'd better not be sending them food aid and relief supplies. They made their beds, they need to sleep in them.

Worst part about this is that we're likely to get "Live Aid 2"...but instead of Queen and The Who, we'll get Lady Gaga and Britney Spears.

If they re-release "Do They Know It's Christmas?", I'm going seriously postal.

Worst part about this is that we're likely to get "Live Aid 2"...but instead of Queen and The Who, we'll get Lady Gaga and Britney Spears.

If they re-release "Do They Know It's Christmas?", I'm going seriously postal.

I'm generally not a fan of pop music, but those two shouldn't be lumped together. Just sayin.

Careful, Sage is a Little Monster.

Not so much.

Doesn't matter if one's got talent when they're both representative of the triumph of spectacle over talent.

Image and spectacle have always played a role in deciding what becomes mainstream. Queen is probably my favorite band of the 70's, but it's funny that you should mention them and then decry the role of spectacle. Freddie's on stage persona was just as big as his talent.

The difference between Spears and Gaga is that you can close your eyes and still enjoy Lady Gaga's music. Same can't be said for Britney.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Not so much.

Image and spectacle have always played a role in deciding what becomes mainstream. Queen is probably my favorite band of the 70's, but it's funny that you should mention them and then decry the role of spectacle. Freddie's on stage persona was just as big as his talent.

The difference between Spears and Gaga is that you can close your eyes and still enjoy Lady Gaga's music. Same can't be said for Britney.

"Personality" is not "spectacle"...

But...fine. I don't give a ****. Have it your way. Instead, we get Coldplay and Britney Spears.

"Personality" is not "spectacle"...

But...fine. I don't give a ****. Have it your way. Instead, we get Coldplay and Britney Spears.

I'm just glad you didn't say Dave Matthews Band and Britney Spears :D