New LOST Tralier!!!!!

By the by, this is a particularly clever reaction to the simmering Damon Lindelof - George R.R. Martin (writer of "Game of Thrones") feud... which started when Martin took a potshot at LOST because he didn't like how "The End" ended the series, and he thought Jacob and MIB should have been introduced earlier.

This video was certainly done with tongue firmly in cheek, but it's also a not so slight rebuke along the lines of 'WTF! If we had introduced them any sooner, it would've killed any of the suspense regarding what the series was about!'

****, did Martin et al. come right out and say who the ruler of the Seven Thrones would be at the end of this first season? Who the !@#$ does he think he is to try to tell other people how to write their script?

Not to mention that LOST had more literary quality in the Nikki and Paulo episode than anything Martin has ever put to paper.

Edited by UConn James

By the by, this is a particularly clever reaction to the simmering Damon Lindelof - George R.R. Martin (writer of "Game of Thrones") feud... which started when Martin took a potshot at LOST because he didn't like how "The End" ended the series, and he thought Jacob and MIB should have been introduced earlier.

This video was certainly done with tongue firmly in cheek, but it's also a not so slight rebuke along the lines of 'WTF! If we had introduced them any sooner, it would've killed any of the suspense regarding what the series was about!'

****, did Martin et al. come right out and say who the ruler of the Seven Thrones would be at the end of this first season? Who the !@#$ does he think he is to try to tell other people how to write their script?

Not to mention that LOST had more literary quality in the Nikki and Paulo episode than anything Martin has ever put to paper.

What's the skinny with the feud between those two? I hadn't heard about it, my head has been buried.

What's the skinny with the feud between those two? I hadn't heard about it, my head has been buried.

Link 1

Link 2

It seems to have died down pretty quickly. Damon's immediate Twitter comebacks were friggin' :lol: .

And, I'll note, that in these links and elsewhere, GRRM uses "But" at the beginning of sentences overmuch, which makes for very odd configurations.

Link 1

Link 2

It seems to have died down pretty quickly. Damon's immediate Twitter comebacks were friggin' :lol: .

And, I'll note, that in these links and elsewhere, GRRM uses "But" at the beginning of sentences overmuch, which makes for very odd configurations.

Grassy-Ass!

That reminds me how much i loved the show, and how much i hated the ending. The first 5 seasons were epic.

It's been awhile, what didn't you like about the ending? Were you one of the ones who were pissed that it didn't end with Jack and Sawyer sitting on the beach as the new Jacob/MIB? Or that Jack died? Or something else? Did you not like the 'absorbed into the light' wrap-up?

For me, its strength has only solidified in the past year as I've digested it. If you look at it in Buddhist terms, which it borrowed from heavily, these people were put on the path ("Dharma" translates to "the path") they had to take right up to the starting point of S6. And it was there that the sideways flashes started, where each of the characters had to struggle to find or awaken to Enlightenment (Buddha is called "the Awakened/Enlightened One") before they could move on to what could be called Nirvana in Mother's explanation of the Heart of the Island as the Source of "life, death, rebirth. A part of it is inside each man, but they always want more." The recent one-year anniversary columns by Doc Jensen helped sort some things out, especially WRT Desmond in S6... he does not have kind words for Mr. Hume in the second part. I think they're worth a read. Part 1. Part 2. There's also a pretty cool rundown of the show in terms of scientific explanation --- light-time, electromagnetics, water refraction and the mechanics of the 'Frozen Donkey Wheel', etc. here.

Has anyone gone back and watched all the episodes yet? I still haven't. I haven't even watched S6 a second time through. Partly, I've been busy and partly, I just want to keep the feeling that I still have something to look forward to.

Edited by UConn James

Has anyone gone back and watched all the episodes yet? I still haven't. I haven't even watched S6 a second time through. Partly, I've been busy and partly, I just want to keep the feeling that I still have something to look forward to.

Im slowly working my way through. Im just about past halfway through season 2.

Knowing what we know now, it's a completely different show on the re-watch. But still great.

Re-watching almost gives you MORE questions, because you get to watch it with a whole new perspective. One that is more focused on the actual storyline, and not distracted trying to figure out all the secret codes and easter eggs in each episode.

Have you even read Martin's books? There is a reason so many have dubbed him the "American Tolkien". Martin's epic will always be vastly superior to the mess that was Lost.

Edited by Fingon

Have you even read Martin's books? There is a reason so many have dubbed him the "American Tolkien". Martin's epic will always be vastly superior to the mess that was Lost.

It's not a fair comparison. Writing for TV and writing novels are two wildly different beasts. As a novelist you have final say over every element of your work. If you want to misspell every word, no one will stop you. In TV, there's no author. It's an endless team of people. At least 6 writers, usually closer to 10. Not to mention studio executives, network executives, actors, directors, production ... each with their own take, each with their own say. And as the writer, even as the show runner, you never have final say. Someone -- whether it be on the network side or studio side or even S&P, out ranks you.

Edited by tgreg99