Amy Winehouse Reported Dead at 27

bbb

Yup. Very eerie how many great musicians died at 27 . . .

Yes, there was Robert Johnson, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, and one of my all-timers, Gram Parsons...sure there is someone I forgetting...Nick Drake and Otis Redding only made it to 26. Hank Williams to 29...amazing the legacy these folks have left, in their short time on earth.

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't participate in RIP threads, but this one by it's literal nature is one I will. She apparently had very little peace in her life, hopefully this brings her, and her family & friends some. Incredible talent, hopefully artist like Adele can carry on her musical style, cus I like that style

Looks like the 27 Club has a new member.

I recall when she turned 27 the morbid speculation on the news was whether she would make it to 28 ....

RIP to a great talent but a mess of a life.

I recall when she turned 27 the morbid speculation on the news was whether she would make it to 28 ....

RIP to a great talent but a mess of a life.

It sounds terrible but after that last attempt to tour it seemed like she would've been very lucky to make it through the summer yet alone the year. Between both her addictions, and the people around her being willing to put her out there in her condition.,,,,,

Incredible talent, hopefully artist like Adele can carry on her musical style, cus I like that style

I thought she was just some flashy, no-talent popstress when I first started hearing about her, but then after listening to some of the songs other than "Rehab", it was very clear that this was not just a singer, but a true artist. I think your mention of Adele is right on, cause I really love this style of music, too. The singer/songwriter genre has completely captivated me and the way Winehouse used some of her jazz influences and background in her music was really great. I picked up her album (the one with rehab on it...forgot the name) off Amazon MP3 a while back and was really impressed with it. That's the extent of what I know about her music, but I would have liked to have had the opportunity to see and hear more of what she had in store.

But yeah, Adele is amazingly good...

I thought she was just some flashy, no-talent popstress when I first started hearing about her, but then after listening to some of the songs other than "Rehab", it was very clear that this was not just a singer, but a true artist. I think your mention of Adele is right on, cause I really love this style of music, too. The singer/songwriter genre has completely captivated me and the way Winehouse used some of her jazz influences and background in her music was really great. I picked up her album (the one with rehab on it...forgot the name) off Amazon MP3 a while back and was really impressed with it. That's the extent of what I know about her music, but I would have liked to have had the opportunity to see and hear more of what she had in store.

But yeah, Adele is amazingly good...

She only released two albums - Frank & Back to Black. Frank is very good on its own, but the production is nowhere near as good as Back to Black. Frank is more bluesy, soulful without the Ronson's orchestrations. Whinehouse said that she hated Frank, but it is a damned good album.

Yes, there was Robert Johnson, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, and one of my all-timers, Gram Parsons...sure there is someone I forgetting...Nick Drake and Otis Redding only made it to 26. Hank Williams to 29...amazing the legacy these folks have left, in their short time on earth.

27 Club. Pretty sad.

(not a singer but) Heath Ledger was just a year older at 28.

Crack, meth and heroin are three things few people come back from. Once hooked it's almost time to start planning the funeral. Especially for someone that is in an already crazy lifestyle lacking routines, order, and honest people around them that care.

**note :: not saying it's 100% hopeless, but it's a whole different game than your average alcoholic or white collar drug user as I imagine the others were dealing with.

See: Breaking Bad. That show is nuts.

Any time I get curious to try hard drugs, this reminds me not too. She has had some pipes but you can't help an addict unless they want to help themselves.

Are those pipes her windpipe or crack pipe?

Edited by Wacka

Any time I get curious to try hard drugs, this reminds me not too. She has some pipes but you can't help an addict unless they want to help themselves.

Well, there've been plenty of deaths via a combination of "soft"/Rx/OTC drugs.

Why in the hell are people so intent on loading themselves up with this crap?

Well, there've been plenty of deaths via a combination of "soft"/Rx/OTC drugs.

Why in the hell are people so intent on loading themselves up with this crap?

Most of the time because they're unhappy in ways that even they themselves can't fathom. If you don't feel good, you try to manufacture the feeling. Lots of people who take drugs are able to convince themselves that they're just "partying". Maybe, but they're also trying to fill some kind of void.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine