Eric moulds

I was being kind to Moulds. Boldin and Mason will likely finish with much better numbers than Moulds, despite the fact that they had their share of Matt Leinart, Kyle Boller, etc.. Housh is lesser, but if you ground the 3 of them up and divided by three you'd have Eric Moulds. Big receivers who put up a lot of catches and yards but didn't consistently make big plays.

I disagree.

I think you're being very unfair to Derrick Mason.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree.

I think you're being very unfair to Derrick Mason.

Agreed. When arguing with Bills apologists you have to put aside the kind of intangibles that a guy like Mason has brought to the table because, for the better part of the past decade, they are only visible on the Bills in players who don't have enough talent to make a difference.

Like I said before, Moulds was a reflection of what was going on in Buffalo. Harrison was likewise in Indy. Mason was that way with Tennessee and Baltimore.

Revisionist history at its worst. Everyone knows that Kelly retired because Tim Tindale failed to become the 2,000 yd back we all expected him to become after his standout career at the University of Western Ontario. After an impressive rookie campaign in which Tindale rushed for 16 yards off of 5 carries, Tindale gained only 49 yards in his second season. Kelly cited Tindale's utter indifference for Tim's lack of production. The Tindale-Kelly feud reached a boiling point late in the 96' season when Tindale turned his chair around and watched the wall for 90 minutes during a film session. In disgust, Kelly reportedly marched into Levy's office and delivered an ultimatum - one of them had to go.

Not willing to give up on Tindale after his strong rookie performance Marv stuck with the young RB and Kelly retired. What seemed like a shrewd business decision at the time, however, blew up in Marv's face as Tindale recorded a career low 0 yards and 0 carries in the 97' season and subsequently retired. Blaming Kelly's retirement on anyone other than Tim Tindale is absolutely absurd.

I know memory can be somewhat subjective.

But this is exactly how I remember it happening.