Eric moulds

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric moulds is one of my three favorite bills all time.

I think he would have been a hof with a different situation.

Anyways he has 9995 yards and I think we should sign him and throw him a 5 yard out.

That's it

With that bum poz gone we will have an extra roster spot

I remember in his first two seasons--he was putrid!

I tried to trade 3 of his rookie cards in 96-97 for a Corey Dillon rookie card...no dice...my brother was 10 at this time...laughed at my offer and called him Erica!

It wasn't until year 3 he made waves in the NFL!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I remember in his first two seasons--he was putrid!

I tried to trade 3 of his rookie cards in 96-97 for a Corey Dillon rookie card...no dice...my brother was 10 at this time...laughed at my offer and called him Erica!

It wasn't until year 3 he made waves in the NFL!

Eric Moulds is my favorite Bill after the super bowl era (Antoine Winfield a close 2nd). Not saying that he is on Eric's level but isn't ironic that the same could be said for Stevie Johnston as well. He didn't blow up until his third year.

I totally agree that Eric Moulds had hof talent. He compares very similarly to Andre Johnson but I think Moulds was faster.

I always liked Darryl Talley. He was a solid player on a team that was chock full of studs. Gotta love the spidey suit too.

And if memory serves... he also had a nice pick-6 in the '91 AFC Title game in our route of the Raiders.

Moulds was probably a HOFer. His statistics warrant it and that's with some horrible decision making and QBing throughout his career. His numbers look better than Andre Reeds and we all think he is a HOF WR. The only problem is that he hasn't made it yet either.

He ain't going no where !!

+1

I remember a couple years ago when we played the colts in week 17, Peyton Wayne and Clark played catch for 10 minutes so they would get their catch numbers and I don't see why we can't sign Eric (best wr in bills history, at least most talented) and throw him one for the record books.

Are we talking about the same Eric Moulds who quit on his teammates right in the middle of a dolphins game because Lee Evans was getting more looks than him?

Yeah, let's bring him back so Fitz can toss him a high floater between the hashes right in front of Brandon Meriweather .....

Are we talking about the same Eric Moulds who quit on his teammates right in the middle of a dolphins game because Lee Evans was getting more looks than him?

Yeah, let's bring him back so Fitz can toss him a high floater between the hashes right in front of Brandon Meriweather .....

That's extremely petty, considering all of the BS Eric had to put up with over the years. He deserved a lot better and there were plenty of frustration moments from our HOFers and future HOFers.

I still remember being on my way back from Mardia Gras and getting on a connecting flight from chicago to Buffalo when Marv levy got on board. The rumors were circulating that Moulds was being cut and I turned to Marv who was sitting behind me and said...I know its a business but Moulds has been a great Bill and it would be a shame to see him go. He simply stated he couldn't talk about anything but thanks for saying that. Then my buddy who was toasted from the airport bar and a bit left from N'Oleans said there was no where he'd rather be than right here right now which got a great laugh.

Yup the very same one who stayed long enough for us to do him a better job

Yeah he was a victim of the curse of Rob Johnson.

I agree he had HOF talent on teams that couldn't leverage it.

He didn't have HOF talent. He came into the league as a 4.6 guy with inconsistent hands. Most Bills fans were praying that Marvin Harrison lasted, because he had big time speed and quickness. Nowadays, receivers over 6'2" are common but back then Moulds was considered a very big target. He wasted his first two seasons being a complete idiot, then had an incredible breakout season in year three and never played anywhere near that level ever again. He clearly had a physical window of opportunity where he had it all, but by his fourth season he was starting to struggle to get open. The last half of his career he rarely caught anything that wasn't contested. He was a big, tough, mean WR but for most of his career he was little more than a posession receiver who was forced to bang because he lacked the ability to get open and make plays after the catch. Blame it on the QB'ing all you want but the truth is Kelly/Flutie/Johnson/Bledsoe weren't actually scrubs when it came to throwing the football to receivers. Most of his career he had QB's who threw to him often. The rash of utterly horrible, unproductive QB'ing was really the Losman/Edwards era which Moulds saw little of. Moulds not only lacked the intangibles of a HOF, he never had that kind of talent either.

He didn't have HOF talent. He came into the league as a 4.6 guy with inconsistent hands. Most Bills fans were praying that Marvin Harrison lasted, because he had big time speed and quickness. Nowadays, receivers over 6'2" are common but back then Moulds was considered a very big target. He wasted his first two seasons being a complete idiot, then had an incredible breakout season in year three and never played anywhere near that level ever again. He clearly had a physical window of opportunity where he had it all, but by his fourth season he was starting to struggle to get open. The last half of his career he rarely caught anything that wasn't contested. He was a big, tough, mean WR but for most of his career he was little more than a posession receiver who was forced to bang because he lacked the ability to get open and make plays after the catch. Blame it on the QB'ing all you want but the truth is Kelly/Flutie/Johnson/Bledsoe weren't actually scrubs when it came to throwing the football to receivers. Most of his career he had QB's who threw to him often. The rash of utterly horrible, unproductive QB'ing was really the Losman/Edwards era which Moulds saw little of. Moulds not only lacked the intangibles of a HOF, he never had that kind of talent either.

Disagree like a mo-fo. Go about Holcomb, Van pelt, Collins, and he did have like 20 games with losman in which he almost never seemed to be targeted

You are way off.

You might want to use something other than your faulty memory as a source of information.

Let's just start with some basic stats that show you have no recollection of Eric Moulds' actual production.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoulEr00.htm

Edited by Why So Serious?

I loved Eric Moulds as well. I agree he had HoF talent and may have been inducted had he played on a different team. If he and Marvin switched teams, moulds would have been the HoFer IMO as well. We'll never know, only discuss it. His speed, power, hands and intensity made him a monster, only to be held back by his QB/OL. I miss him in a bills uni.