Obama's giving Boehner a verbal ass-kicking

Don't lump Frenkle in with those guys. He was a lib but at least he was interesting. Speaking of which, does anyone know if his absence is self-imposed or an act of the temperamental one?

He just posted in the Oslo thread.

You are an asshat who cannot discern any sort of distinction. Tis really that simple.

Booster, I was just busting your balls by lumping you in with them. I can discern the distinction. I can absolutely, in good faith state that you are smarter and somewhat more reasonable than those guys.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically, middle class America is being asked by the Tea Party to give up massive amounts of health care, retirement benefits, education funding and everything else government does but the wealthy who have had it beyond great the last few decades will not have to contribute to their country more? Screw that! There is no way that will make it through the Senate let alone get a Presidential signiture. Good! It shouldn't.

I don't think anything will get done. If Obama says "Its a good deal!" The Tea Party will instantly turn against it no matter what it is. So its almost pointless.

Don't be so sure it wouldn't get a Presidential signature - I think Obama would sell out just about anyone if he thought I'd get him reelected- His calculation is progressives have no where to go so all he has to do is to seem reasonable enough to get independents- I think he's very mistaken in that calculation in fact I'd wouldn't be surprised if he got primaried.

Don't be so sure it wouldn't get a Presidential signature - I think Obama would sell out just about anyone if he thought I'd get him reelected- His calculation is progressives have no where to go so all he has to do is to seem reasonable enough to get independents- I think he's very mistaken in that calculation in fact I'd wouldn't be surprised if he got primaried.

Who in the hell would challange him? Who in the hell would get over 2% in the primary. Saunders is blowing smoke. Anyway, getting a right wing snow job through the Senate would be impossible anyway. Hell, Republicans know they can't win either by throwing grandma from the health care train. Sooner or later the public will see that the GOP is trying to save rich people money by taking away health care and other vital funding from the country. That's not a winning issue

Don't be so sure it wouldn't get a Presidential signature - I think Obama would sell out just about anyone if he thought I'd get him reelected

So much for being a different kind of politician :lol:

His calculation is progressives have no where to go so all he has to do is to seem reasonable enough to get independents- I think he's very mistaken in that calculation in fact I'd wouldn't be surprised if he got primaried.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got primaried either but not because the Progressives are upset. Nobody is going to unseat an incumbent President in the primaries. I know that, you know that, the DNC knows that. Hell even Dave could figure that much out.

If Obama is primaried it's because the DNC wants him to be primaried. Dean, Feingold, or some such candidate would challenge him from the left so that Obama can appear to be more moderate than he really is and better position him for the general election.

The only serious primary challenger to Obama would be Hillary and that won't happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got primaried either but not because the Progressives are upset. Nobody is going to unseat an incumbent President in the primaries. I know that, you know that, the DNC knows that. Hell even Dave could figure that much out.

Don't get carried away. Dave can't even figure out "tax cuts".

The only serious primary challenger to Obama would be Hillary and that won't happen.

THAT would be interesting. A sitting Secretary of State running against an incumbent President?

Don't get carried away. Dave can't even figure out "tax cuts".

THAT would be interesting. A sitting Secretary of State running against an incumbent President?

Greatest theatre since Bobby Kennedy ran Lyndon Johnson out of the White House.

Greatest theatre since Bobby Kennedy ran Lyndon Johnson out of the White House.

Further to my response in the LBJ pants thread....

And shortly afterward, Bobby got to taste hot lead, too. Coincidence? Maybe.

Edited by UConn James

Don't lump Frenkle in with those guys. He was a lib but at least he was interesting. Speaking of which, does anyone know if his absence is self-imposed or an act of the temperamental one?

Maybe he is out shopping for some rogaine.

Yeah, screw the economy. The important thing is that your guys are getting all the mileage they can out of it.

Though that does go a long way towards explaining your lack of understanding of "tax cuts".

Yeah, screw the economy. The important thing is that your guys are getting all the mileage they can out of it.

Though that does go a long way towards explaining your lack of understanding of "tax cuts".

Ummm...ya, nice Republican spin there Mr. Pot. It's not the Democrats holding the economy hostage and they are doing the right thing pointing that out. That's just part of a good healthy debate you knucklehead

And what Tax Cuts are you talking about?

Ummm...ya, nice Republican spin there Mr. Pot. It's not the Democrats holding the economy hostage and they are doing the right thing pointing that out. That's just part of a good healthy debate you knucklehead

You're right. The Democrats aren't holding the economy hostage. They raped and murdered it already.

They aren't pointing anything out... other than that they want the federal credit card back and the limit increased so they can keep charging HDTVs, BMWs, and designer jeans that hang in the closet.

Newsflash --- THIS COUNTRY IS DROWNING IN !@#$ING DEBT!!!! THE ABILITY TO BORROW AND SPEND MORE ISN'T GOING TO HELP US GET OUT OF IT!!!!!!!