NFL Players are the real problem here

NFL players are millionares! Collectively they have more cash money then the owners unless the owners sell their franchises. The owners have put up with players salaries escalating at 100 percentiles not even close to inflation rates. Who are they kidding when they say the Union decertified, maybe by legal court papers but they are still represented by the same lawyers and NFLPA agents. There are a group of players who think they are more special then anyone else and it shows. I say to the owners trash the whole year and see how they behave and negotiate next year!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

NFL players are millionares! Collectively they have more cash money then the owners unless the owners sell their franchises. The owners have put up with players salaries escalating at 100 percentiles not even close to inflation rates. Who are they kidding when they say the Union decertified, maybe by legal court papers but they are still represented by the same lawyers and NFLPA agents. There are a group of players who think they are more special then anyone else and it shows. I say to the owners trash the whole year and see how they behave and negotiate next year!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

you're cheering your own post?

atta boy.

jw

This whole labor thing is not good vs. bad, or who is the most evil. This is a negotiation. The owners need the players. They are, after all, the ones we watch play the game. The players need the owners. No player has made the investments made by the owners for stadiums, staff, etc. This is a business and it has to be NEGOTIATED. There is no right and no wrong. I hope booth sides can make and reach agreement. I will miss the season if it does not happen. :blink::unsure:

Calm down. This is no big deal.

Remember, the owners were all in Atlanta yesterday. SOME Player Reps were in Washington and others were scattered. Not to mention, those 32 Player Reps need to get buy-in from the 1900 or so rank & file members. That said, the Player Reps didn't have he same docs the owners had last night - so they couldn't vote on it at their 8pm conf call.

So in our world of constant gratification (& electronic media), we all wanted an answer from the players right away. However, last night without all the necessary information, may players & player reps were skeptical of the owners and fearful they were executing a power play and PR campaign to cast the players in a bad light if they didn't quickly ratify the new plan. So overnight, D. Smith andthe Reps reviewed the docs and feel better about the plan. It was much ado about nothing. Give the players a few days. First they have to agree they like the plan informally. Then they need to re-establish the union, then they can all vote on it.

Just a few more days . . . .

To the OP:

1) This is a business.

2) This is a contract negotiation collectively bargained between two sides.

3) Within this industry/entity there are market forces and the resulting agreement will be a combination of what the market will bear and who has more leverage.

4) There are many more legitimate things to get angry about than a sports league, no matter how much we all love our NFL.

If it helps to keep things in perspective, just remember that neither the players nor the owners really give a shyt about you. Just don't get angry about it though.

To the OP:

1) This is a business.

2) This is a contract negotiation collectively bargained between two sides.

3) Within this industry/entity there are market forces and the resulting agreement will be a combination of what the market will bear and who has more leverage.

4) There are many more legitimate things to get angry about than a sports league, no matter how much we all love our NFL.

If it helps to keep things in perspective, just remember that neither the players nor the owners really give a shyt about you. Just don't get angry about it though.

so, you're saying the OP's post was not, in fact, :worthy: ????

jw :nana:

Collectively they have more cash money then the owners unless the owners sell their franchises.

1,696 > 32, as long as you don't count the 32's most prized asset. Good point.

I'm just going to go ahead & assume (or at least hope) that this is a crayonz-esque level.

so, you're saying the OP's post was not, in fact, :worthy: ????

jw :nana:

BTW, John.

Thanks very much for hanging out with us here.

By no means do I blame some of your colleagues for having left in fact I completely understand it.

But I think it speaks volumes about you in so many ways that you've stayed.

Always great to have your insight, expertise, temperament, and sense of humor.

I'd compliment your looks but then I'd really be blowing smoke.

Have a great weekend John.

BTW, John.

By no means do I blame some of your colleagues for having left in fact I completely understand it.

He's a tough skinned Cannuck, he can handle himself.

BTW...I think he's cute too.

BTW, John.

I agree with with your remarks. All of us are blessed to read his insights on a daily basis.

I agree with with your remarks. All of us are blessed to read his insights on a daily basis.

Don't know that I'd go so far as to say "blessed" -- but yeah, it's cool having him around. ;)