Lee Evans vs Baltimore

I put this in the shout box, but might as well put it under the thread dedicated to Evans' Top 10 Performance.

We tend to forget just how good Evans is, but in watching him shred the BAL defense, I did notice one thing about his comeback/out/short routes - they need to be more sudden. He takes pitter patter steps at the end of these routes whilst Steve Johnson has a sudden stop to his short game. It makes all the difference and is the reason why Johnson got the majority of short passes thrown his way.

If close enough, a DB can jump a route if the WR takes a few steps to stop his route. A DB has no chance to jump a route on a sudden stop - unless he guesses correctly...

I put this in the shout box, but might as well put it under the thread dedicated to Evans' Top 10 Performance.

We tend to forget just how good Evans is, but in watching him shred the BAL defense, I did notice one thing about his comeback/out/short routes - they need to be more sudden. He takes pitter patter steps at the end of these routes whilst Steve Johnson has a sudden stop to his short game. It makes all the difference and is the reason why Johnson got the majority of short passes thrown his way.

If close enough, a DB can jump a route if the WR takes a few steps to stop his route. A DB has no chance to jump a route on a sudden stop - unless he guesses correctly...

That's funny, Jay. I noticed the same thing.

This year is really pivotal in Lee's career.

He can continue to fuel the arguments of his critics with underwhelming numbers (regardless of actual performance) or silence them with inarguable numbers.

I'm a Lee supporter but I hope he's done some soul searching and is determined to make regular contributions befitting of being the highest paid player on the Bills.

He does need to step up his game… there is room for improvement.