Rick Perry (STAY AWAY FROM THIS CANDIDATE)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for ***** and giggles, please tell me whats "crazy" about Bachman?

This may require you to read, but check this out...why Bachmann strikes some people as "bat ****" crazy:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/michele-bachmanns-holy-war-20110622

Go sharks!

btw- Perry is "bat ****" crazy too...which should make him as a strong candidate for Republicans...unless somebody makes them sign a pledge that they won't support "bat ****" crazy candidates any more.

Edited by Buftex

Matt Taibbi. When a Bill Nye video just won't do.

He asked...you can discredit Taibbi, but not everyone does...and a perfect illustration of why people think she is "crazy".

Don't know if she is clinically "crazy", but she defines the idealouge concept perfectly, and represents, to many (again, recognizing the fact that not everyone feels the same)what scares people about the Tea Party movement (or whatever you crazy kids are calling yourselves now). A viable third party option would be nice, but Bachmann and the Tea Party aren't it.

Of course, if you listen to her talk enough, you can easily come to that conclusion yourself, unless you don't want to.

He asked...you can discredit Taibbi, but not everyone does...and a perfect illustration of why people think she is "crazy".

Don't know if she is clinically "crazy", but she defines the idealouge concept perfectly, and represents, to many (again, recognizing the fact that not everyone feels the same)what scares people about the Tea Party movement (or whatever you crazy kids are calling yourselves now). A viable third party option would be nice, but Bachmann and the Tea Party aren't it.

Of course, if you listen to her talk enough, you can easily come to that conclusion yourself, unless you don't want to.

Michelle Bachman is no more or less crazy than the current POTUS. You're a progressive. OF COURSE you'll hate a conservative woman. Big surprise.

I've heard her speak plenty, and actually got to meet her in person while she was stumping for Ed Royce prior to the 2010 elections. She's saying the same thing now she was saying back then, and as we all know, that's how you market yourself; keep pounding the same message over and over. She is not my preference as a presidential candidate, but I'd take her batschitt crazy with migraines galore over the knucklehead currently serving as president.

But that's not saying much, because at this point, I'd take Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama. At least she has shown the propensity to be a leader.

Let me see, a shiny bright ideological object, who's good on a campaign trail, elected to legislative branch only, never had a job leading an organization or responsible for a profit loss statement. Now, where have I seen those features before?

Let me see, a shiny bright ideological object, who's good on a campaign trail, elected to legislative branch only, never had a job leading an organization or responsible for a profit loss statement.

In fairness, Bachmann started and ran a private business, made payroll and was responsible for a profit/loss statement.

This may require you to read, but check this out...why Bachmann strikes some people as "bat ****" crazy:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/michele-bachmanns-holy-war-20110622

Go sharks!

btw- Perry is "bat ****" crazy too...which should make him as a strong candidate for Republicans...unless somebody makes them sign a pledge that they won't support "bat ****" crazy candidates any more.

I was listening to Bachmann speak a few months ago- never heard of her before that. She sounded like she had a good head on her shoulders, then made some irrelevant statement which mocked the name of China's president. That is undisciplined and you have to be disciplined to run a viable campaign.

I'm sorry, but I have trouble taking this charge seriously from a crowd that besmirches anyone who deviates from an economic plan they themselves cannot explain or defend.

Let me see, a shiny bright ideological object, who's good on a campaign trail, elected to legislative branch only, never had a job leading an organization or responsible for a profit loss statement. Now, where have I seen those features before?

I like her because she is pretty, and married her husband, became an IRS lawyer, and ran for political office, not because she wanted to do any of those things, but, becasue her husband, or god, told her to. She is, after all, subserviant to her husband... I like her because she is helping that nice Marcus Bachmann to overcome his fleshy desires for men. And, I love her because she doesn't want anyone else to have any government aid, but is more than willing to stand aside as her family accepts it...

I'm sorry, but I have trouble taking this charge seriously from a crowd that besmirches anyone who deviates from an economic plan they themselves cannot explain or defend.

Well, we are back at square one then, aren't we? We have two crowds that won't deviate, and are waiting for the other to blink...but, Bachmann won't even go along with the Cap plan that her fellow Tea Partiers are backing, because it "doesn't go far enough" in cuts...ever listen to Bachmann try to explain or defend her economic plan? As in nearly every interview, she simply repeats the same shallow talking points over and over, and never deviates...that is her strength, her abiltiy to stay on point,and never get distracted.

I like her because she is pretty, and married her husband, became an IRS lawyer, and ran for political office, not because she wanted to do any of those things, but, becasue her husband, or god, told her to. She is, after all, subserviant to her husband... I like her because she is helping that nice Marcus Bachmann to overcome his fleshy desires for men. And, I love her because she doesn't want anyone else to have any government aid, but is more than willing to stand aside as her family accepts it...

This is another intellectually dishonest ploy used by libs to score points rather than make a valid point. Even Conner understood the concept of comparative [dis]advantage. It's sort of like the Bush "stimulus" checks. It was bull ****. Put it to a vote and I'll vote against it. But if you're going to put them out there for all, don't expect me to send mine back.

Well, we are back at square one then, aren't we? We have two crowds that won't deviate, and are waiting for the other to blink...but, Bachmann won't even go along with the Cap plan that her fellow Tea Partiers are backing, because it "doesn't go far enough" in cuts...ever listen to Bachmann try to explain or defend her economic plan? As in nearly every interview, she simply repeats the same shallow talking points over and over, and never deviates...that is her strength, her abiltiy to stay on point,and never get distracted.

The difference is, the TEA party crowd can explain how they expect their economic plan to work and what the end game is. The left says keep spending, raise phantom revenue, and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

And this is the one area where I will support her. It's obvious that the population needs a smack in the head that a good math lesson will provide. Even if the economy recovers to historic growth levels and tax revenues return to the 20% of GDP range, the current spending trajectory will far oustrip tax revenues. That's not even accounting for the unknown expenditure hikes that will come in the Obamacare wake.

So while there are scant details on the actual fix, someone needs to be the bullhorn to awaken Americans of the fiscal disaster that's down the road. Bachmann & Palin are very effective in that role. Doesn't mean I want them anywhere near actual decision making, though.

Is there anyone who thinks Bachman's husband is straight? Seems like very few people believes that her husband likes woman. Lots of "Rick Perry is in the closet" rumors also. Then you got the "mormon" guy who probably wishes for multiple wives.

Dear Chris Christie, please run.

In fairness, Bachmann started and ran a private business, made payroll and was responsible for a profit/loss statement.

Are you referring to the Scared Straight consultancy her husband started?

Are you referring to the Scared Straight consultancy her husband started?

I believe he is referring to Bachmann's career as a Tax Attorny/Accountant/some such thing.

Unlike Obama and Wasserman-Shulz who spent their professional lives ascending the political class, Bachmann did someting in the real world

I believe he is referring to Bachmann's career as a Tax Attorny/Accountant/some such thing.

Unlike Obama and Wasserman-Shulz who spent their professional lives ascending the political class, Bachmann did someting in the real world

Working for the IRS?

Even if she had a real job, I don't think that she ever was in a position where she had a lot of people working for her in the private sector. If there's something that quickly jumps out of her bio is how many times she was either forced out or left committees, due to disagreements. That "feistiness" may play well on the campaign trail, but it's horrible for leadership.

She worked for the IRS...doesn't that make her a slimey, useless, lazy, pos government worker, one of those people who drains the economy? I know, she was doing gods work...but she was a goverment employee no?

This is another intellectually dishonest ploy used by libs to score points rather than make a valid point. Even Conner understood the concept of comparative [dis]advantage. It's sort of like the Bush "stimulus" checks. It was bull ****. Put it to a vote and I'll vote against it. But if you're going to put them out there for all, don't expect me to send mine back.

The difference is, the TEA party crowd can explain how they expect their economic plan to work and what the end game is. The left says keep spending, raise phantom revenue, and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Yes, they can explain how giving tax breaks to the rich, and refusing to close gaping tax loopholes have created massive jobs over the last 11 years, and why we should continue this... :rolleyes:

Edited by Buftex

I am pretty sure that the majority of people who are familiar with tabbibi and that dont discredit him are those that reside on the left side of Howard Dean. Just sayin'

She worked for the IRS...doesn't that make her a slimey, useless, lazy, pos government worker, one of those people who drains the economy? I know, she was doing gods work...but she was a goverment employee no?

Then I stand corrected.

But in my defense she didn't really impress me enough to dig that deeply into her background