Study: Pot use not linked with long term cognitive impairment

Fingon

The idea that “marijuana makes you dumb” has long been embodied in the stereotype of the slow, stupid stoner, seen in numerous Hollywood movies and TV comedies and going unquestioned by much of American culture. But a new study says no: the researchers followed nearly 2,000 young Australian adults for eight years and found that marijuana has little long-term effect on learning and memory— and any cognitive damage that does occur as a result of cannabis use is reversible.

So it doesn't make you stupid, and won't give you cancer... Why is it illegal again?

http://healthland.time.com/2011/07/19/study-marijuana-not-linked-with-long-term-cognitive-impairment/

Strangely, I had the exact same thought. And now I realize that I had been unfairly blaming marijuana all along.

Just because toking up doesn't make you stupid, doesn't mean there isn't a correlation between "stupid" and "pot". Could easily be that "stupid" makes you smoke pot.

Well its illegal because our leaders want to keep our kids pure. They also set good examples by sending pictures of the cocks over Twitter

But their stone-cold sober while they do it.

In other news: Twitter linked to long-term cognitive impairment...

Now where's my quarter-million dollar research grant for reading Donte Whitner's tweets for the past three years, dammit!

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.

(About reading all those, that is. 250 large is a reasonable demand if you did read them)