Modern Poverty

Are you really that gullible? Ray Charles could tell that's faked...and he's dead.

Do some research before you speak. It's definitely real and the guy who bought the lobsters/steaks was reselling them and eventually was arrested for it.

And before you suggest it-he was white.

Do some research before you speak. It's definitely real and the guy who bought the lobsters/steaks was reselling them and eventually was arrested for it.

And before you suggest it-he was white.

I'm willing concede to you that it's not faked...only to point out that you're bitching about a guy NOT GETTING AWAY WITH DEFRAUDING THE GOVERNMENT.

"Your tax dollars at work." You !@#$ing idiot.

I'm willing concede to you that it's not faked...only to point out that you're bitching about a guy NOT GETTING AWAY WITH DEFRAUDING THE GOVERNMENT.

"Your tax dollars at work." You !@#$ing idiot.

The fraud only got as far as it did because of government idiocy. It never should even have even started.

The fraud only got as far as it did because of government idiocy. It never should even have even started.

And what government idiocy would that be that caused the fraud? Letting someone buy lobster with food stamps?

I dont understand the problem other than a system that enables the "poor". Think about it, if you are someone who doesn't really have any drive and you are content with getting by, then why not? May as well milk the government for everything you can, between food stamps, welfare, unemployment benefits (I'm referring to the ones who are gaming the system and not actively looking for work, and yes there are many that do this) and medicaid; of course the living standards of the "poor" will rise.

If you provide incentives that promote laziness thats exactly what you are gonna get. Listen, I'm for social safety nets, but there has got to be a better way of insuring funds go to people who dont plan on gaming the system. I honestly would require for many of these people that are continuing to live off of the tit of the US taxpayer to go to job retraining courses and make sure that they are indeed looking for employment. That would knock out two birds with one stone, which is provide a social safety net that any advanced nation SHOULD have but at the same time hold those accountable that receive these funds that they will go out and look for jobs and retrain them for jobs.

I dont understand the problem other than a system that enables the "poor". Think about it, if you are someone who doesn't really have any drive and you are content with getting by, then why not? May as well milk the government for everything you can, between food stamps, welfare, unemployment benefits (I'm referring to the ones who are gaming the system and not actively looking for work, and yes there are many that do this) and medicaid; of course the living standards of the "poor" will rise.

If you provide incentives that promote laziness thats exactly what you are gonna get. Listen, I'm for social safety nets, but there has got to be a better way of insuring funds go to people who dont plan on gaming the system. I honestly would require for many of these people that are continuing to live off of the tit of the US taxpayer to go to job retraining courses and make sure that they are indeed looking for employment. That would knock out two birds with one stone, which is provide a social safety net that any advanced nation SHOULD have but at the same time hold those accountable that receive these funds that they will go out and look for jobs and retrain them for jobs.

i have no problem with catching and punishing cheaters but the biggest return on investment for enforcement efforts comes from going after big cheaters. you could add up all the poor cheaters take over the last decade and come no where near what the take of the cheaters at bear stearns, countrywide, citibank, merril and even folks with jumbo motgages they couldn't afford have cost us. wrong is wrong, rich or poor.

If you are capable of feeding yourself and do not, then you should die and get out of the way of those who are capable and can.- words Jesus would agree with

I disagree. That sounds more like something Charles Darwin would say

If you are capable of feeding yourself and do not, then you should die and get out of the way of those who are capable and can.- words Jesus would agree with

Jesus would agree with this??? You are one compassionate fella and I bet you're a real joy to be around with. You heartless !@#$

Edited by Magox

moron, idiot...i don't thinks the words have ever been more appropriately applied in these forums.