Why even have announcers?

Dante

Seriously. Not since the dark days of Howard Cosell have I been motivated to turn the tv sound down and find a radio broadcast of the game. Both the espn and abc crews(except for Al Micheals) are beyond annoying. I would like to see either a tivo/dss option that lets you turn mouthpieces off and just have the ambient stadium sounds audible. In addition you would have to have more stats viewable to keep up to date with the game but they would just be visible between plays. I remember way back that one of the networks tried doing this with a NHL game once (on a saturday and the game was between the Bruins and Flyers I think) and it really was pretty cool. The sound was enhanced and I didnt miss the announcers at all. Now I think, as far as the NHL goes, I would miss the Hockey Night In Canada crew because they are some of the best play by play guys around. But as far as the NFL goes nothing would be missed. Anyway, just thought I would throw this idea out there.

Seriously. Not since the dark days of Howard Cosell have I been motivated to turn the tv sound down and find a radio broadcast of the game. Both the espn and abc crews(except for Al Micheals) are beyond annoying. I would like to see either a tivo/dss option that lets you turn mouthpieces off and just have the ambient stadium sounds audible. In addition you would have to have more stats viewable to keep up to date with the game but they would just be visible between plays. I remember way back that one of the networks tried doing this with a NHL game once (on a saturday and the game was between the Bruins and Flyers I think) and it really was pretty cool. The sound was enhanced and I didnt miss the announcers at all. Now I think, as far as the NHL goes, I would miss the Hockey Night In Canada crew because they are some of the best play by play guys around. But as far as the NFL goes nothing would be missed.  Anyway, just thought I would throw this idea out there.

166111[/snapback]

A great idea that will never see fruition.

They need to push the NFL brand and player's names and faces. $ $ $.

A great idea that will never see fruition.

They need to push the NFL brand and player's names and faces. $ $ $.

166120[/snapback]

Well, maybe they could do graphics like "Willis Magehee game data provided by Red Bull" or "To find out more Magehee info and related Willis products go to www.nfl/bills/magehee/goshopping.com". Of course the day is fast approaching when you can access shopping on your tv that quickly.

Well, maybe they could do graphics like  "Willis Magehee game data provided by Red Bull" or "To find out more Magehee info and related Willis products go to www.nfl/bills/magehee/goshopping.com". Of course the day is fast approaching when you can access shopping on your tv that quickly.

166134[/snapback]

That's going to be the day I shoot my TV. :w00t:;)

Why does stuff like this bother people?... Just block it out, is that so hard to do and still watch/listen and analyize the game in your own thoughts. Besides the play-by-play... everything else is just subjective commentary... It can't possibly please all.

Now... If we can just get them to call accurate play-by-play on the radio.

Why does stuff like this bother people?... Just block it out, is that so hard to do and still watch/listen and analyize the game in your own thoughts.

Now... If we can just get them to call accurate play-by-play on the radio.

166151[/snapback]

I guess its the equivelant of having bad music playing in the background. No its not going to kill you but life would be more pleasurable without it.

I'll turn down my TV and listen to the Pats radio guys (Gil Santos and Gino Cappelletti) who are among the best in the biz.     

Tonight's love fest on ESPN between the announcers and Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis should be sickening.

166116[/snapback]

Are you out of your fukkin' bird? When it comes to announcers publicly licking the inner circle of players' ass, nobody but NOBODY gets rimmed like Brady.

Are you out of your fukkin' bird? When it comes to announcers publicly licking the inner circle of players' ass, nobody but NOBODY gets rimmed like Brady.

166169[/snapback]

:w00t:;)

Don't let facts cloud your judgement... In their wacky world... He has never graced the cover of SI numerous times and the Red Sox aren't the second highest payroll in the majors...

Be careful what you wish for Bills fans... Come down is a b*tch.